We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Water Energising Technology  (Read 2434 times)

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
Water Energising Technology
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:24:05 AM »
I have just purchased a unit that delivered electromagnetic energy into solution and was wondering if anyone on this forum  have had experience with this,and if it has been successful. I have been informed that most of the big football clubs use this on their pitches.

Martinr

Re: Water Energising Technology
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »
Michael, a quick rummage round the internet does not give me great confidence in its efficacy.

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »
Hi Michael,
Michael, This “technology” was recently discussed in New Scientist magazine (25 Sept 2013 issue, page 64). They clearly think it belongs in the 'snake oil' category. They say that while there is some scientific backing that treating water this way might affect some of its properties, “there is no published evidence that this includes enhancing the growth of plants” As regards Kew endorsing it, the magazine contacted Kew for confirmation. Their reply was: “ Kew has not endorsed the Vi-Aqua products since 2009. A recent press article in the Irish Independent that mentioned this endorsement and activities by Kew around it was inaccurate”. New Scientist expressed surprise that Kew had ever taken the product seriously.

(I posted this reply also to your question on the PBS list)

Cheers
Paul Cumbleton
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »
I have just purchased a unit that delivered electromagnetic energy into solution

That would be a Microwave oven? 
Almost in Scotland.

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:24:29 PM »
You got it in one. ;D ;D ;D

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 10:28:28 PM »
The most obvious product claims to  have  been  tested at the University of Limerick, the Research Unit at Teagasc, Co Meath, and at Warrenstown Agricultural College..... is that  false claim too?
Maybe half and half ...... :-\   http://www.pepijnvanerp.nl/2013/09/vi-aqua-turning-water-into-snake-oil/
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:30:49 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 07:01:36 AM »
Microwaves and radio waves are next door neighbours on the electromagnetic spectrum and the microwave oven was actually a by-product of radar technology.  So if you want to test "energised water" for yourself, I would fill a plastic watering can and give it a short time in the microwave. 
Almost in Scotland.

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 08:57:48 AM »
Thanks for the replies folks, I was never much good at science at school,come to think of it we didn't have science classes when I went to school. I think I will now have to cancel my subscription to the flat Earth Society.  :P

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
I never could find a Microwave big enough to hold any of  my watering cans.even when I was in the restaurant business the watering cans would never fit in the microwave,and they were much bigger than the domestic ones. :P

David Pilling

• Computer Guru
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »
Michael, since you have the unit, I hope you use it and prove all the doubters wrong.

Do some comparative tests and let us know the results.

I am one of the doubters, I imagine that anything the unit imparts to the water will be rapidly washed out by the thermal motion of the molecules.

I also notice that both here and on the PBS list, no one has actually answered your question by saying they have used one of these units.
David Pilling at the seaside in North West England.

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »
Well I have proved some knowledgeable people wrong before by cross breeding plants they said couldn't be done, and by propagating plants by methods never before used and scorned at by a lot of people,that's when you know you are on the right track. I never at any time said I believed in the technology but I was prepared to give it a try,nothing ventured nothing gained. I have never before been in the Snake oil business. so this is something new for me. For some reason I can't help thinking about anti-ageing cream,not many scientists attack that, maybe they are all using it.. ::) :P     

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal