We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: IRG 45 - September 2013  (Read 1474 times)

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
IRG 45 - September 2013
« on: October 24, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »
The IRG really does go from strength to strength; what a fascinating and varied mix of articles. The gentians are extraordinarily beautiful and will encourage me to try more from seed, having always thought them difficult in the past. No doubt they still will be, but G.depressa does grow well in Kent - it just won't flower! More experimentation required. My thanks to the Czech seed collectors for making seed available and sharing their experiences.
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: IRG 45 - September 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 05:26:17 PM »
I agree with  you  Tim - there is something magical about gentian flowers - the blues are so often "beyond" blue!

There will be more on some other new gentians soon - hope that tempts you!

This month's issue, Number 46, which will go online later today, has a Lewisia named for a film star, some great plants from the Karabet region and a plea not to ignore a remarkable tulip - for which I thank you, among  others, for the use of photographs  :)

edit : IRG 46 for October 2013 is now loaded to the site :
http://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/logdir/2013Oct241382632259IRG46_October2013.pdf
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:33:20 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal