We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Arisaema nepenthoides  (Read 847 times)

Stephen Vella

Arisaema nepenthoides
« on: October 16, 2013, 09:59:43 PM »
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone had Arisaema nepenthoides seed to spare? Was allways facinated by this species and its one Ive never seen.

cheers
Stephen
Stephen Vella, Blue Mountains, Australia,zone 8.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Arisaema nepenthoides
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 04:32:06 AM »
It's in flower now at Dunedin Botanic Gardens but for some reason is labelled as A. exappendiculatum! I keep meaning to bring this to the Curator's notice each year and keep forgetting. Unfortunately, those currently in flower - there will be more - have their backs to the footpath and I'd better not step round in front of them. Will try again in a week or so.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Otto Fauser

• Bulb Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 08:05:56 AM »
Stephen , while weeding today I found 2 small offsets on my A. nepenthoides . I will send them with the Cyclamens

cheers   Otto.
Collector of rare bulbs & alpines, east of Melbourne, 500m alt, temperate rain forest.

Stephen Vella

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »
Hello Otto,

Thanks for the offering...good to hear your back hard at it in the garden. Some rain would be great  :)

cheers
Stephen
Stephen Vella, Blue Mountains, Australia,zone 8.

Ezeiza

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »
Dear Lesley, I wonder if those Arisaemas you mention by the footpath have their backs or their fronts to the sun
Alberto Castillo, in south America, near buenos Aires, Argentina.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal