We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: 67th SRGC Seed Exchange - 2013-2014  (Read 12921 times)

bainbridges

Re: 67th SRGC Seed Exchange - 2013-2014
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
Hi

I agree this is obviously not Polemonium seed, so there has been a mistake somewhere in the system.  Looks more like Boraginaceae to me; something like Omphalodes....?

With 5000 items we cannot scrutinise every donation, and sometimes folk write the wrong name on a packet by mistake.  The packeters don't always know what every seed should look like, so some errors do creep through.

We will look at the rest of the P.viscosum seed this weekend, and see whether we have anyhting that properly fits the bill!

Best wishes and our apologies

Ian Bainbridge  SRGC Seed Distribution

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »
Surely that lovely little annual, Omphalodes linifolia or a relative? Can't really make out the maturing seed capsules on this photo but they are very distinctive.
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Yann

• Journal Access Group
  • Growing and collecting plants since i was young
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »
Seeds reached the mailbox this morning, 90% first choices.

Many thanks to all the volunteers
North of France

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »
Seeds at home, ready to sow. So exciting, nearly all first choices. Thanks at all the SRGC team who make such enormous work for all.
All the best
dom
do

Pontoux France

fleurbleue

• les Jardins des Grims
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »
The same for me ! Thank you "great team"  ;)
Nicole, Sud Est France,  altitude 110 m    Zone 8

Botanica

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 02:37:08 PM »
Thank's for your response ...i say "Many thanks to all the volunteers" me too  ;D ;D ;)

kalle-k.dk

• Karl Kristensen's Garden
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »
My seeds arrived today, Thank you for your great job. I am particularly happy for 2 bags of seeds. Some years ago I received a very small bulb from Japan; Lilium auratum v. rubrovittatum, it flourished several years in my garden, unfortunately died in the hard winter 2012. It is rare and not easy to find. This year I got seeds of this beautiful lily from SRGC, THANK YOU to the one who sent seeds to 67th seed distribution. The second bag of seeds is Trillium grandiflorum 'Kath's Dwarf' I had it in my collection for some years and it was one of my favorites, it died and it is the same, not easy to find again, but now I have seeds and then I went a few years and maybe I have several  plants of this beauty, also THANKS  to you who sent seeds of Trillium grandiflorum 'Kath's Dwarf'
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

hwscot

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 11:42:29 AM »
It really is like Christmas!
Harry
Montrose
You can take the lad out of Leeds, but you can't ..

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2014, 12:14:16 PM »
A reminder that the Seed Exchange closes for applications today - so members have about twelve hours to either make their seed requests or check that they have properly completed the process online!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2014, 11:03:03 PM »
It really is like Christmas!
Maybe even better in that it gives year-round pleasure 8)
Thanks to all donors and the excellent team who make the exchange happen. 
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »
SRGC Seed Exchange No. 67

Ordering for the SRGC Seed Exchange is closed for the year.

Please do not make any enquiries about delivery of seed orders until AFTER 5th February,
such queries should then be addressed to alan.hayes31@blueyonder.co.uk
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

johnralphcarpenter

• Plantaholic
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
A reminder that the Seed Exchange closes for applications today - so members have about twelve hours to either make their seed requests or check that they have properly completed the process online!
Seeds arrived today having been on the Grand Tour of Kent! Posted 13th January, perfectly correctly addressed, delivered 17th January, envelope stamped "Not Bethersden" and "Not Woodchurch"! So much for the new private sector Royal Mail! However,delighted to have them with so many first choices - I can now explore the wonderful world of germination of the seeds of Cyclamen and Colchicum. Many thanks to the distribution team.
Ralph Carpenter near Ashford, Kent, UK. USDA Zone 8 (9 in a good year)

Steve Garvie

• Rainbirder's photostream
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 05:25:00 PM »
My seeds arrived a few days ago.
I was a non-donor and very late in applying yet I got a very high percentage of first choices and those that came as second choice should have been my first choice anyway (I just didn't know it at the time)!  ;)

Many thanks for all the hard work and great effort put in by the Seed Exchange Team and of course  many thanks to all the donors!
WILDLIFE PHOTOSTREAM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rainbirder/

Steve
West Fife, Scotland.

bainbridges

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »
Week 3 report from the Edinburgh seedies:

Last of the main requests were all picked over the weekend; all in the post except a few American orders which we will have to check and generate seed lists for.

Most of the surplus requests processed too; about a further sixty orders to do next weekend, when we  will complete the seed ex for this year.

So far 22 different members have helped with the distribution; so huge thanks to them.

Hope seeds are all arriving and being sown; might sow some of our own seeds for a change from sending them out..

Ian and Carole B

WivekaR

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »
Hi, I got my seeds last Friday and have spent the weekend reading germination instructions and sowing. Most pots will be transfered to a coldframe tomorrow, but a few will stay indoors for a few weeks. I am very happy with the with the number of first choises I got. I am however a bit sorry that I did not understand that I should have made a surrplus order before I got the first seeds. Lesson lerned for next year! Besides my new coldframe can only take 40 pots and the old ones combined can take perhaps 20 (they contain previouse years un-germinated seeds and seedlings). In a few weeks seeds from the Swedish garden sociery seed exchange will arrive. There are so many beautiful plants to grow! Happy growing to all of you and a special thanks to the once that have made this exchange possible. THANKS!
Gothenburg, Sweden. USDA zone 5 or 6

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal