We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: 9cm Square Plastic Pots  (Read 1426 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
9cm Square Plastic Pots
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »
As this year I'm drastically reducing the number of bulbs I grow I have available around 500 new TEKU rigid 9cm square plastic pots. Price is £15 per 100 (or proportion thereof) plus postage and package at cost. Anyone interested send me a PM please, and to avoid any currency problems UK only please.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: 9cm Square Plastic Pots
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 01:49:08 AM »
What are you going to do instead David? ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:43:54 AM »
What are you going to do instead David? ;D

Don't ask, Lesley ... but there may be a name change, wigs and rouge involved!!!
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:59 PM »
Our local theatre is auditioning for ugly sisters for the Christmas panto, maybe I could be in with a chance!

It's partly an age thing Lesley and finding the annual chore of repotting in excess of 300 pots less attractive than I used to. It's also partly an opportunity to review what I grow reasonably well and what I patently don't. I've found new homes for all of my Crocus collection (such as it was!), which I have done quite badly with over the last couple of years and in future will only grow those I have grown from seed. I've also got rid of a large quantity of pots (probably containing a mass of bulbils) of small Irises and again will only grow what I have grown from seed. Also gone are a mass of sundry other species which took up a lot of space and produced little in return (whether from poor cultivation or other reasons).

I have retained, and "pruned" a little my Narcissus collection and hope that I will benefit from more time to grow them better, and my Cyclamen collection has been similarly treated. Suffice it to say that my re-potting is now completed!

Now, as to use of the additional space now available I'm thinking back to my first love, Primulas, and particularly the small hybrids and species, and, perhaps, even a few Auriculas. No doubt I shall find myself running out of glass space at some time in the near future ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 12:26:45 AM »
I wish you well David, with whatever bulbs you decide to keep. I know it's almost impossible to choose just a few but on the other hand, taking Narcissus as an example, there are so many that seem virtually identical with so many others. I have a lot starting to flower now with names that I remember from the dark past but with precious little to distinguish them from many others I still have. I might divide and pot many and sell them off, fund-raising for 2015 Iris Soc Convention here in Dunedin. (I say "here" but 40 mins out of town of course, Otago Group of NZIS though.)

I'm surprised you're not auditioning for the part of Prince Charming though. This Cinderella would be thrilled to have you fiddling with her feet. ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:28:40 AM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:21:05 AM »

I'm surprised you're not auditioning for the part of Prince Charming though. This Cinderella would be thrilled to have you fiddling with her feet. ;D

She certainly wouldn't want to get too near to mine ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
She is duly warned. ;D

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal