We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Iris formosana  (Read 1714 times)

Lillii

Iris formosana
« on: July 21, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
First time flowering, I'm so happy!  ;D We have such a warm summer this year and i it loves the heat. I potted it up in not long ago, it was cramped inside a smaller pot. Very strong growing i must say, it was only roots in there, had to break the pot. Love this plant!
Regards
Lill Isaksen

Seedoholic with too small a garden.

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
Re: Iris formosana
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »
Oooh, an absolutely beautiful flower, congratulations, and look at all those buds coming.
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Lillii

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
Thank you! Yes more are coming, there are 2 more stems as well :D
Regards
Lill Isaksen

Margaret

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 11:00:15 PM »

Lovely, lovely flower and plant, Lill.  I have I. confusa Martyn Rix which is similar but with smaller bluer flowers. The trouble with my plant is that it looks untidy for at least half the year. Is your plant well behaved in that respect?
Margaret
Greenwich

Lillii

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 12:12:01 AM »
This is only the second (and a half) season I have had this plant. I got a little piece then. But have had it inside over winter and although it was jammed in a small pot, and had too poor light it survived fine and now it's thriving outside in it's new bigger pot. I think it looks splendid and I love the leaves.  :)
Regards
Lill Isaksen

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal