We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Fabulous flowers but......  (Read 1523 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Fabulous flowers but......
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:38:59 PM »
Brian was given a leaf of this some years ago and has grown it on.  It is an Epiphyllum of some sort and has these wonderful flowers but it is such an ungainly plant.  I'm afraid when it has finished flowering it's for the bin or the sales table.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

John Kitt

• The Spent Gardener
Re: Fabulous flowers but......
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 06:41:46 AM »
I have a large clump of what seems similar.  Grows for me in dry shade and flowers about Christmas so the flowers have been known to decorate a centre-piece on the Christmas Table.  I occasionally take a large axe to it to keep it in check abut it just loves the harsh treatment.  I have potted a few some years ago (which now bloom) with the intention that they pass to my children (who are uninspired by gardening at present)  when someone takes a big axe to me. They can ponder over the intention!!

John

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Re: Fabulous flowers but......
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »
Wow John, I had to take a quick look and see where you were based, obviously not in Lancashire U.K.  Tasmania must be a whole lot warmer, certainly than today which is a chilly 12 degrees here.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal