We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC Glasgow Show- Milngave - 4th May  (Read 11038 times)

veteran vet

Re: SRGC Glasgow Show- Milngave - 4th May
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
It would seem the Scots have a serious grower emerging from the ranks in the form of Sue Simpson who had the most points in Section 2 with plants such as
Primula marginata 'White Lady' (73) and I thought her
Lewisia tweedyi rosea to be easily the best tweedyi at the show, well in character
Pulsatilla vugaris from Sheila McNulty in 79 also caught my eye.

Another missed from earlier was
Dionysia viscidula x freitagii HZ6 from Ian Kidman in 22

veteran vet

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 04:35:06 PM »
Final two pictures come from class 3, 3 pans distinct genera, new rare or difficult where the Rankins had
Primula sharmae and
Androsace laxa both of which I liked, I did not take any pictures of the winning three from George Young but Stan shows them off in his picture of the 3 pan rhododendron

I am sure the organisers were delighted by the number and quality of the plants on display, even if John and Bill were having to make last minute alterations on the hoof, extra tables, extra judges etc. The large number of entries from South of the Border made up for quite a number of Scottish exhibitors who were away in Prague, from a personal point of view trying to adjust from an AGS schedule to the SRGC schedule took a bit of getting used to but I worked it out in the end and on the show morning during staging, as it happens I could not have got any more plants in the car, even had one on the passenger seat strapped in with the seat belt!

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
WONDERFUL REPORT, folks ... many, many thanks.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2013, 07:46:52 PM »
Looks to have been a cracking Show, many thanks Stan and George for your reports.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

johnny-l

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »
There were an amazing number of pots on the benches, I wonder if John could calculate just how many. For a start, there were 7 entries in the 'small six pan class' (42) and, I think, 6 in the regular six pan class (36). That's 78 pans in the first two classes alone!!!!!
There were 355 entries in the Show and 554 pote on the benches! When I come down to earth and get my breath back I'll post a fleshed out account of this wonderful Show.

John

Carol Shaw

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 08:35:53 AM »
There were 355 entries in the Show and 554 pots on the benches! When I come down to earth and get my breath back I'll post a fleshed out account of this wonderful Show.

A stonkeringly good Show John - well done to you, Bill and the team  ;D
Carol
near Forres,Scotland [the banana belt]

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2013, 05:43:02 PM »
Sandy's Forrest Medal report here : http://files.srgc.net/Showreports/GlasgowFM2013.pdf
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2014, 02:15:59 PM »
Sandy Leven's show reports are all available on this page : http://www.srgc.net/site/index.php/shows/sample-menu

His two reports from the Glasgow show are : http://files.srgc.net/Showreports/glasgow2013part1.pdf
and
http://files.srgc.net/Showreports/glasgow2013part2.pdf
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal