We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Primula 2013  (Read 47972 times)

ebbie

Re: Primula 2013
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
Also from me a couple allionis:
Eberhard P., Landshut, Deutschland, Niederbayern
393m NN, 6b

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2013, 07:02:03 PM »
Lovely set of allioniis Ebbie. Just in case there was a typo your last one is a seedling from Wharfedale Superb
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Jozef Lemmens

• Alpines, the Gems of the Mountains
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2013, 09:09:18 PM »
Also from me a couple allionis:

Is Jahn XV a plant originating from Ludwig Jahn?
Jozef Lemmens - Belgium   Androsace World   -  Alpines, the Gems of the Mountains

ebbie

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
Thanks David.
Jozef, that can be, but I don't know really. I bought 'Jahn XV' and also the 'Wharfedale Super Seedling' at Gerd Stopp in Chemnitz.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:13:46 PM by ebbie »
Eberhard P., Landshut, Deutschland, Niederbayern
393m NN, 6b

Jozef Lemmens

« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2013, 07:54:53 PM »
Three more Primula allionii clones.

Primula allionii 'Dunkel Blute'  (ex Gerd Stopp)

390250-0

Primula allionii 'Joseph Collins'

390252-1

Primula allionii 'Grosse Blute'  (ex Gerd Stopp)

390254-2
Jozef Lemmens - Belgium   Androsace World   -  Alpines, the Gems of the Mountains

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2013, 08:23:29 PM »
You grow some excellent allionii Jozef. I would be very interested to learn more about your growing regime please.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

sippa

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »

I am so impressed with all your allionii.  Michael thanks for the tips on fertilizing in the fall.  Next year I might have a few more flowers
Marianne gardening in Vermont, USA

Jozef Lemmens

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2013, 03:18:25 PM »
A growing regime?....Hmm.…. Yes, I have one..... I smile when they are flowering.
In contradiction with Michael, I feed them only between May and August with a “Geranium” fertilizer. This is a kind of a tomato fertilizer but with a picture of flowers on the label.    ::)

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »
A growing regime?....Hmm.…. Yes, I have one..... I smile when they are flowering.
In contradiction with Michael, I feed them only between May and August with a “Geranium” fertilizer. This is a kind of a tomato fertilizer but with a picture of flowers on the label.    ::)

;D ;D ;D
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2013, 07:18:34 PM »

;D ;D ;D  OK Jozef, I'll try that!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2013, 07:08:56 PM »
Here's a patch of self sown Primula hybrids nestling between and under Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' and Pieris 'Valley Valentine' (and I see the grass like leaves of an Iris growing through them that I thought I had lost). I count six different shades but my favourite is the one in the bottom right hand corner that my camera refuses to picture properly (syn. the photographer's not good enough!). This is a rich deep purple/magenta with a white-lined yellow eye. Things are getting a little congested under there and I shall need to split them up when flowering is over.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Claire Cockcroft

« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »
I love the happy mix of colors from the seedlings!

I wonder, does anyone know the lineage of this P. vulgaris?  It came to me from Cy Happy as "Pembrokeshire form".
Claire Cockcroft
Bellevue, Washington, USA  Zone 7-8

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2013, 07:53:22 AM »
Here's a patch of self sown Primula hybrids nestling between and under Daphne bholua 'Jacqueline Postill' and Pieris 'Valley Valentine' (and I see the grass like leaves of an Iris growing through them that I thought I had lost). I count six different shades but my favourite is the one in the bottom right hand corner that my camera refuses to picture properly (syn. the photographer's not good enough!). This is a rich deep purple/magenta with a white-lined yellow eye. Things are getting a little congested under there and I shall need to split them up when flowering is over.

Very attractive splash of colours David !
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »
Thank you Luc, and the best of it is they didn't cost me a penny (cent for you Europeans :P  )  ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

arisaema

« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2013, 06:51:17 PM »
Primula sonchifolia in Hailuogou (Gonggashan)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal