We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Your reporter won the Ian Donald  trophy for best Scottish native plant  wth Vaccinium vitis-ideae, the Edward Darling trophy for 3 dwarf rhododendrons  one of which -Egret  -was judged  best rhodo in show, the Don Stead prize for most points  in the bulb classes and the Crawford challenge cup for most first points in the show.

721022-3
in an encouraging section 2 Kathleen Cartwright won the James Wilson cup for most points  and  the special prize for a first time exhibitor.

75th jubilee prize for John di Paolo's Saxifraga Snowcap
John also   had a merit cert for another Snowcap
Steven Macfarlane  received a merit cert for his double white Trillium
Barry & Cathy Caudwell had a merit cert for Raffenaldia primuloides

Cyril Lafong
 Archibald trophy  for class 2  3 plants  different genera one of which L tweedyi alba  received a merit certificate
Buchanan challenge cup class 3 for 3 rare plants
Diamond  jubilee  card  for class  A 6 small pans -all daphnes

Galanthus / Re: Black Sea Snowdrops 2024
« Last post by Jan Jeddeloh on May 04, 2024, 06:51:55 PM »
I've also seen platyphyllus on a trip with Kurt Vickery to Georgia and thought it was fabulous.  I wonder if someone could collect from anthers from it, dry them, and then use them for hybridization or pass them onto a hybridizer.  Most pollen will survived dried and stored in a freezer.  Lily breeders do this all the time.
David Milward's Forrest Medal Ramonda Nathaliae
 Class 1 6 pans Buchanan rose bowl Tom Green
Urie trophy best eric other than a rhodo Peter Semple's Andromeda
Simpson trophy for best orchid Pleoine grandiflora Graham Catlow
Joan Stead prize  for best primula P rusbyi Sue Simpson

Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Leena on May 04, 2024, 06:19:15 PM »
Thank you Ashley and Stefan, I'm happy you enjoyed it even though I only spoke Finnish.
The snowdrops which were still flowering were not up early when the bad weather came again.
I thought cold is now over, but today the forecast said it will be again 7 degrees colder than usual next week and even snow one night!
And it is May.

Close to the end of the video I showed a double snowdrop, possibly a seedling.
In that side of the bed I have never planted any double snowdrops though I have several close by (Flore Pleno, Barbara's Double, Flocon de Neige, and across the path Ailwyn).
In that spot I had 'E.A.Bowles' which sadly vanished one winter, but it had produced self sown seedlings which I showed. They are all single plicatus two earlier flowering ones and one later.
This double has also some plicate leaves.
My question is, is there a named double snowdrop like this (which I haven't bought but perhaps I had gotten the wrong plant, though I really don't think I have planted anything just there), or could this be a seedling from 'E.A.Bowles'?

General Forum / Re: Books you may like to hear about
« Last post by Yann on May 04, 2024, 05:35:07 PM »
Estudio del las orquídeas silvestres del sistema ibérico, 754p. A whole flora dedicated to the orchids of Spain.
No doubt the best book edited on the subject, with many infos about pollinating insects, maps, seeds structure, etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FR5Z5aM_sw9CH0BttLpQ3m4tWDRumjxu/view?usp=sharing
Alpines / Re: Crevice Gardening ......in defence of rock.....
« Last post by Mike Ireland on May 04, 2024, 02:54:58 PM »
Ann & Bob Armstrong of Woodlands Garden are becoming more & more interested in alpines.  They have over the winter created a crevice bed outside the conservatory. Photos of the bare crevice bed & with plants positioned ready to be planted(squeezed in place).
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Stefan B. on May 04, 2024, 01:53:45 PM »
It was my pleasure, thank you Leena!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal