We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
General Forum / New guest in the rockgarden
« Last post by ruweiss on March 24, 2024, 08:52:56 PM »
Last week we noticed a most welcome visitor in our meadow garden
and hope, that she will stay.
Primula / Re: Primula 2024
« Last post by ruweiss on March 24, 2024, 08:45:02 PM »
Marc and Peterk, many thanks for your kind comments.
Now many Primulas give  a wonderful show in the garden and the meadow.
Seed Exchange / Re: SRGC Seed Exchange 2023-2024
« Last post by Silene on March 23, 2024, 08:59:42 PM »

My seeds finally arrived in Germany, too.

For info, the SRGC seeds  were sent from Eire!  :) Thanks so much!
Bulbs General / Re: Corydalis 2024
« Last post by MarcR on March 23, 2024, 08:25:32 PM »
Lena,

The 'Boradino is outstanding!
Hepatica / Re: Hepatica 2024
« Last post by Starking007 on March 23, 2024, 06:21:32 PM »
I think, caterpillars have been there, but I don`t know it exactly...
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: March in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by Robert on March 23, 2024, 04:49:06 PM »

In our back yard Erythronium oregonum is coming into bloom.

I am generally not satisfied growing a single specimen or a single generation of plants of any given species. I seek to bring out the best qualities in a species by growing multiple generations of plants from genetically diverse populations in our garden. I am always on the lookout for appealing recombinations of genes as well as noteworthy mutations that may have horticultural value. With perennial species the process takes longer than with annual species, however once the process is started each season brings something new to watch and evaluate. Eventually, each morning throughout the year brings something new to see in the garden. For me this is also a gardening success and a very satisfying creative process.

Camassia leichtlinii ssp. suksdorfii is coming into bloom. I also work with this species. The process is slow as it takes seedlings many years to develop. Patience is required, but I enjoy all the incremental steps in the process.

Our Napa County form of Triteleia laxa is always the first to start blooming in our Sacramento garden.

Viburnum bitchiuense is now blooming. The fragrance of this species is divine.
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: March in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by Robert on March 23, 2024, 04:46:11 PM »

Each year the composition of our front border strip improves.

In this photograph Tulipa clusiana ‘Peppermint Stick’ is combining well with dark hybrid tulips and a variety of California native annuals.

This is another view of the border from a different perspective.

I do the best I can to develop plants for practical application in our Sacramento, California garden. Our third generation Phacelia campanularia line is performing extremely well in the open garden. Plants in this line are being selected for strong performance in an open garden setting, a prolonged blooming cycle, with abundant flowers. We are well on our way to obtaining this goal.
Ian Young's Bulb Log - Feedback Forum / Re: Video Diary - Bulb Log supplement
« Last post by Ian Y on March 23, 2024, 10:20:13 AM »
Bulb Log Video Diary 22 March 2024. Please join me on  a windy garden walk looking at the mass of spring colour where you will see plants such as Corydalis, Eranthis, Hepatica, Erythronium, Hellebores, Primula and many others seeding around the garden.

For best viewing click to watch on YouTube.

« Last post by Herman Mylemans on March 23, 2024, 07:44:13 AM »
Arthur, great Hepatica’s. Thanks for showing. It seems that slugs have also found your Hepatica's! This year they are here a real pest.  >:(
« Last post by Starking007 on March 23, 2024, 05:12:03 AM »
Late, and actually so greenish...
719624-0

With a blue line, unfortunately only a few flowers are drawn like this.
719622-1

719626-2

719630-3

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal