We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Latest IRG Index,  incl. for IRG150, online  now  from Ashley - many thanks, Ashley -  at this  link ....
https://www.srgc.net/documents/irg/IRG-Index.pdf

Ashley's getting some well deserved time off next month, so the next index will be delayed - be patient!!

Cultivation Problems / Re: Pest Problem
« Last post by Palustris on June 28, 2022, 10:27:39 AM »
Not sure this would be any use on trees, but it did work on plants in pots.
Neudorff 250 ml Pyrol Bug and Larvae Killer
Alpines / Re: alpine and subalpine Plants from New Zealand
« Last post by MarcR on June 28, 2022, 08:13:47 AM »
" Ranunculus piliferus photos from Mountain Man Dave!"

Outstanding!

David,

David Thank you for your beautiful photoraphy.  It took me a while to find this thread.  I am amazed at how much your mountain Landscapes resemble our Syskiyou range in southern Oregon and Northern California.
« Last post by Vinny 123 on June 28, 2022, 07:29:59 AM »
Arnold,

Cox Orange Pippin is a very uncommon apple!

The only nursery I am aware of that sells it is Trees of Antiquity, in Paso Robles, CA. [formerly Sonoma Antique Apple Nursery, in Santa Rosa].

They grow theirs on MM111.

Cox are uncommon outside of commercial orchards, even in the UK - they are susceptible to every disease known to man, plus other problems. They are grown because of their unique and very popular taste.

What I suspect is either a cross or selection of Cox' Orange Pippin is grown in NZ and shipped to the UK when our stocks are out of season - it looks very similar, slightly glossier, but the flavour is very poor.
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: June 2022, Northern Hemisphere.
« Last post by Stefan B. on June 28, 2022, 07:08:23 AM »
It blooms beautifully now in my garden. :)

Petroselinum crispum (Parsley)
« Last post by MarcR on June 28, 2022, 02:15:10 AM »
Arnold,

Cox Orange Pippin is a very uncommon apple!

The only nursery I am aware of that sells it is Trees of Antiquity, in Paso Robles, CA. [formerly Sonoma Antique Apple Nursery, in Santa Rosa].

They grow theirs on MM111.
« Last post by Rick R. on June 28, 2022, 12:51:58 AM »
Many Lilium bulbs are quite good to eat, too.  I've tried the flower buds, buy much prefer Daylilies.  I am especially partial to the open flowers of Hemerocallis citrina, and the inferior ovary that looks like the flower stem is the best part!

This is my Lilium 'Louise'.
706450-0

It appears neither of us have the real deal, according to the RHS Lily Register
706452-1
« Last post by ArnoldT on June 27, 2022, 11:10:46 PM »
Robert

Thanks,  I will have to try and research the root stocks on the apple trees I have.  They are all grown as a Belgian fence espalier.

I have Cox's Orange Pippin, Esopus Spitzenberg, Arkansas Black  and  Calville Blanc d'hiver.

Blogs and Diaries / Re: Rocks in troughs. (Blog entry)
« Last post by ruweiss on June 27, 2022, 09:17:23 PM »
Kevin,
your valuable collection of rocks and troughs is very impressive. Some of the troughs
must be very od and rare. Thank you for showing.
Trond, your laboratory sink looks very good. I wish, that the Shortia plants would grow
better in our warm climate, one plant on a peat block is the last of the many plants I tried.
« Last post by ruweiss on June 27, 2022, 08:58:10 PM »
Thomas,
your Monardella looks beautiful, you can be proud, to have such a plant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal