We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SRGC Shows Questions and Answers / Re: Aberdeen show 2022
« Last post by shelagh on Today at 02:34:09 PM »
Well done to everyone who made the Aberdeen Show. It is great to see familiar faces out and about again, especially Maggi and Ian.
Bulbs General / Re: Aroids, the family Araceae, 2022
« Last post by ArnoldT on Today at 12:15:03 PM »
This came as Biarum aff. dispar.  Timing of flowering is off.
Alpines / Re: The plant world of Patagonia
« Last post by Leucogenes on Today at 09:32:45 AM »
...the same applies to Sisyrinchium laetum, by the way. No protection...only loving care...😂
Alpines / Re: The plant world of Patagonia
« Last post by Leucogenes on Today at 09:29:57 AM »
Sisyrinchium humile in the Alpine House:

Hello Rudi

Sisyrinchium humile is now flowering in my garden too. However, it is in my rock garden all year round without any protection. So it seems to be immune to heat and winter wetness (?)... at least the picture doesn't show anything contrary...😉
Blogs and Diaries / Re: Fred's Carnivorous Plants and other oddities
« Last post by ashley on May 23, 2022, 09:29:39 PM »
Yum.  A stench and bluebottles in the greenhouse today had me wondering about a dead animal somewhere ... until I remembered Arum dioscoridis ;D 
« Last post by Maggi Young on May 23, 2022, 09:18:52 PM »
A few more photos from Ian Christie....

Campanula

azaleas  plus 1!

Silene acaulis

Close up of Nick Boss' pot of Primula reidii, grown "hard" and delightfully small. Full size fragrance though!
« Last post by Maggi Young on May 23, 2022, 09:15:44 PM »
Some photos taken by Ian, the Christie Kind, at the  show ....

Preparing food - the early birds enjoyed great bacon sandwiches !  Some great home baking too!

double Trillium grandiflorum

Lewisia cotyledon cultivar

Oxalis 'Dark Eye'

Arisaema triphyllum
Blogs and Diaries / Re: Fred's Carnivorous Plants and other oddities
« Last post by fredg on May 23, 2022, 09:06:04 PM »
Posting photos of one's meal seems to be a fad these days so here's a proxy one I took for my plants.

Plant Identification Questions and Answers / Re: Seen at Harlow carr
« Last post by Maggi Young on May 23, 2022, 08:25:46 PM »
It really does look very much like my Saxifraga fortunei Hi No Mai, but ..................
A plant which I discover is also called  the Hi No Mai Velvet Saxifrage - which certainly relates to the foliage of the  plant  seen at Harlow Carr.......
Flowers and Foliage Now / Re: May 2022 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Last post by ian mcdonald on May 23, 2022, 07:40:51 PM »
I think he should try again. I,m the worst person to use modern equipment. I don,t even understand what many people are saying these days as they seem to speak a different language nowadays. I have just used a dvd to look at some photos. in the lap top and now it will not work again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal