We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Concrete  (Read 490 times)

Ross Barbour

• Old Court Nurseries and The Picton Garden
Concrete
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
I am building a new Rock Garden which will include a raised bed for sand on one side and gravel on the other. To separate them I want to make a crevice. I have a limited amount of lime stone to make the raised bed and no crevice rock, however I do have a pile of waste concrete lumps.
Has any one used concrete to create a rock garden or know of any links to anyone who has. Also any feed back on using hyper-tufa to join the concrete together or even coat the concrete.

ross

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Concrete
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:13:30 PM »
Hi Ross,

Ian has been using broken old breeze blocks in troughs for a while now with considerable success.

Old breeze blocks or concrete should have had most lime leeched  out of them. There's info in the Bulb Logs - will look up some links for you shortly- USA  visitors about to arrive here meantime!

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Ross Barbour

• Old Court Nurseries and The Picton Garden
Re: Concrete
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »
Fantastic, this is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Very inspirational, I love it. I have now gone from having loads of surplus concrete lying around the nursery to finding myself needing more. Many thanks

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal