We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Common Sandpipers are back along the river.

Marsh Marigolds are in flower.

Siskins were seen on the bird feeders.

A Hare was on the road, as I approached it ran into a field.

Squirrels are regular visitors to the bird feeders.

SRGC Shows Questions and Answers / Re: Perth SRGC Show 2024
« Last post by Stan da Prato on Today at 12:08:13 PM »
'Spring Cheer' is  on the label
Meconopsis / Re: Meconopsis 2024
« Last post by arisaema on Today at 11:27:37 AM »
I hope yours germinate next year.

They often did in Norway if sown too late in winter, so I'm hopeful, even if the climate is a bit milder here - x cookei was sown a month earlier and they have germinated from old seeds, if admittedly not very well. It may be that fresh seeds lack deep dormancy?
« Last post by Lawrence on Today at 11:23:07 AM »
Yes that’s the one, Class 47
Galanthus / Re: Galanthus April 2024
« Last post by Leena on Today at 07:43:01 AM »
No matter the heatwaves, it is winter today and everything is covered by snow now! That how hectic this spring is and climate has become (?!).

It is the same here, we got 20cm snow yesterday and everything is white, again! Temperatures have gone up and down this winter/spring like never before.
The past 5 days it's been 10C colder than normal here.

Your picture of 'Amy Doncaster' is beautiful. :)

This is 'Alison Hilary', picture from a week ago, and now they are under snow.
It was planted last autumn, and it is a very small plant, with small flowers. I didn't know that from pictures I had seen. Otherwise a nice plant.

Meconopsis / Re: Meconopsis 2024
« Last post by Leena on Today at 07:34:19 AM »
I think it's down to them needing a prolonged freeze to germinate, I never had issues in Norway, but they (the exact same Holubec seeds as Leena) haven't germinated here in Denmark... I'll keep my fingers crossed they'll germinate next spring.

I hope yours germinate next year.
Here seeds really had a long and cold period, about four monts below freezing.
I have had also very good germination from Adonis seeds this year, even older seed pots germinate now, and I think also they need below freezing temperatures for longer times to germinate.
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 23, 2024, 09:53:16 PM »
Can anyone please tell me the name of the yellow Primula, I think shown by Cyril, with accompanying notes, I couldn’t zoom in close enough to see details ? TIA
Hmmm, thinking you perhaps meant this one? It's in Class 47, for one pan primula, own hybrid.

I think it may be called 'Spring Cheer' but I'm contacting Cyril to ask him!
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 23, 2024, 09:49:25 PM »
Can anyone please tell me the name of the yellow Primula, I think shown by Cyril, with accompanying notes, I couldn’t zoom in close enough to see details ? TIA

If you mean this one in Stan's photo - the winner of the RS Masteron prize for the best Asiatic Primula.....

- it is Primula bracteata var bracteata 
 If you meant another, please say which pic/post  it's in so I can try to help!

« Last post by Lawrence on April 23, 2024, 09:22:25 PM »
NARCISSUS / Re: Narcissus 2024
« Last post by Maggi Young on April 23, 2024, 07:26:26 PM »
Mercy! Now Anne has honoured Ian with a fab daff!  In spite of any supposed bias, I reckon both 'our' narcissus are fantastic. We are greatly honoured, Anne, thank you!!

Ian and Maggi in narcissus form!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal