We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyclamen Bioag Ful-Power experiment  (Read 4061 times)

Guff

• USA New York
Cyclamen Bioag Ful-Power experiment
« on: September 29, 2022, 12:04:04 AM »
Soaked cyclamen purpurascens and coum seeds for 30hrs in 2 cups water with 1 teaspoon mixture of Ful-Power. I should have done some hederifolium seeds as well. Maybe next year I will redo this, just to see which show above ground first. I realize fresh cyclamen seed germinate easy on their own, but this is late to be starting cyclamen seeds here outside.

I made a small bed, maybe only 6 inches deep. I think the purpurascens are top and coum bottom. Seeds were planted September 21. Put down about 2 inches of compost on top of the seeds. Winters here will pop them to the surface. Usually have to put more compost down at some point during the winter to cover them back up.

MarcR

Re: Cyclamen Bioag Ful-Power experiment
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 07:19:04 AM »
Soaked cyclamen purpurascens and coum seeds for 30hrs in 2 cups water with 1 teaspoon mixture of Ful-Power. I should have done some hederifolium seeds as well. Maybe next year I will redo this, just to see which show above ground first. I realize fresh cyclamen seed germinate easy on their own, but this is late to be starting cyclamen seeds here outside.

Guff,

I tried to Google 'Full- Power' and was unable to find anything about it.
Please share information on where or how to access the product.

Thanks
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 02:35:07 PM »
Purchased mine from Amazon. You have to be careful with items on Amazon though. I was reading sellers reviews and I guess some sell fake stuff. Make sure it's free shipping and or ships from Amazon for free($25.00 purchase and over to get free ship) I bought mine from Amazon seller OMEGA STAR, he has a good rating, There are cheaper prices also, but I like I said some reviews I read it's fake stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bioag+ful-power&crid=30Q51FUTXN7MW&sprefix=bioag+ful-power%2Caps%2C247&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Amazon seller OMEGA STAR.

https://www.amazon.com/BioAg-719770-Plant-Nutrient-Quart/dp/B00CJJ7B16/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ful+power&m=A326WD37XW5LOC&qid=1664544204&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjE0IiwicXNhIjoiMS4zOCIsInFzcCI6IjEuNDMifQ%3D%3D&s=merchant-items&sr=1-1

Mine came in a different type of bottle then in the Amazon ad, but think mines legit. Cap has a plastic ring seal attached to cap that breaks off when you first open. Plus seller has a good rating.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 01:46:10 AM by Guff »

MarcR

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 05:53:04 PM »
Guff,

Thanks
Marc Rosenblum

Falls City, OR USA

I am in USDA zone 8b where temperatures almost never fall below 15F -9.4C.  Rainfall 50" 110 cm + but none  June-September.  We seldom get snow; but when it comes we get 30" overnight. Soil is sandy loam with a lot of humus. 
Oregon- where Dallas is NNW of Phoenix

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 07:16:00 PM »
Coum are popping up. Bed was covered with fallen leaves.

709158-0

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 03:50:23 PM »
Decided to start a bin to grow under lights through the winter. Used a nickle apart for hederifolium(90 seeds) and a quarter apart for purpurascens alba(36 seeds). These will be misted with water for two weeks, twice a day. They will be covered with screened leaf compost/sand mix when I see some growth starting.

Collect seed from a red hederifolium.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 09:52:02 PM »
Hederifolium are starting to germinate.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 06:01:14 PM »
Most of the Hederifolium seeds have germinated, the purpurascens alba haven't yet...
Covered the Hederifolium seeds up with leaf compost/sand mix.

Starting to form the tuber.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 07:23:26 PM »
Hederifolium seedlings are starting to pop up. Still no germination with the Purpurascens alba, I did cover them up with leaf compost/sand mix.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2023, 11:21:40 PM »
Some silver leaf Hederifolium seeds may have been mixed in with the red/purple seeds. Usually the dark purple from what I recall all had darker leaf centers. Could be a cross, or I had grabbed a pod from another plant.  When planting out all my dark purple plants, I had mixed them in with pinks and whites, hoping they would cross and make different shades and leaf patterns.

One of my better original dark purple plants, may or maynot have this plant anymore.....

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 12:09:37 AM by Guff »

Yann

• Journal Access Group
  • Growing and collecting plants since i was young
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 05:29:52 PM »
Very natural looking bed
North of France

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2023, 07:33:44 PM »
Yan, thanks. That was in 2011. Kinda forgot about it, was over grown with self sown Hellebore seedlings. Last Summer I cleaned up alot of the seedlings that were growing in the bed.

Making some progress, around 20 Hederifolium seedlings are above soil, still no sign of the Purpurascens alba.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 12:57:49 AM »
Making some progress, one seedling is starting to put up it's fifth leaf. Put down perlite, was having problems with green junk growing.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2023, 09:04:38 PM »
Have around 50 seedlings of the Dark Purple/Red Hederifolium , none for Purpurascens alba. Every week a few more of the Hederifolium show above the perlite. Biggest seedling is putting up it's seventh leaf.

Guff

• USA New York
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2023, 04:54:59 PM »
Might have to remove a couple seedlings, they are getting so big. They are covering up other seedlings. No purpurascens alba seedlings so far. Seems strange, maybe the seeds didn't form right? I picked the pods when they had cracked open.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal