SRGC Shows and Events > Events

AGS East Lancs show 2007

(1/5) > >>

Diane Clement:
I'll start the ball rolling with pictures from this show on Saturday, held in a new venue at Bacup. 

A popular genus at the moment, fascinating flowers.  I believe this one is sometimes called the Kiwi flower
Asarum campaniflorum and close up of flowers. 

A silvery foliage plant Celmisia spedenii
And Cyclamen coum

Diane Clement:
And a few more

Primula farinosa a nice potful grown from wild collected seed by Robert Rolfe
Fritillaria davidii
Tecophilaea cyanocrocus
and last, a fantastic cross generic hybrid Sericamptis capitata (Serapias lingua x Anacamptis morio), resulting in petals in an unbelievable shade of magenta.
That's all from me.  I spend too much time talking at these shows and end up with not many pictures.  There were others clicking away so hopefully more to follow (Cliff?  John? ...?)

Maggi Young:
Thanks for this, Diane, you seem to have had a very pleasant day at the show... but it always is a lovely day out, isn't it?
The bi-generic hybrid orchid, Sericamptis capitata (Serapias lingua x Anacamptis morio), is super... what a colour! Love it! Looks a neat grower, too.

Diane Clement:

--- Quote from: Maggi Young on March 25, 2007, 09:27:39 PM ---The bi-generic hybrid orchid, Sericamptis capitata (Serapias lingua x Anacamptis morio), is super... what a colour! Love it! Looks a neat grower, too.

--- End quote ---

Fantastic plant, one of Barry Tattersall's.  Barry did the cross, Richard Manuel did the flasking.  Barry grew it and showed it in his impeccable style.  I don't think the photo does justice to the colour, it was unreal!

Luc Gilgemyn:
Thanks Diane - appreciate your letting us in to the show !! :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version