We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: 2007/2008 seed exchange  (Read 21271 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: 2007/2008 seed exchange
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 01:06:39 PM »
Thanks for your kind words, Christine, which are much appreciated. We are all volunteers in the SRGC and we do try to provide as full a service as possible... after all, it is all to enable us to enjoy the wee plants that brought us together in the first place.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ian mcenery

• Maverick Midlander
  • Always room for another plant
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 06:20:38 PM »
Maggi will you also be personally delivering our seeds?  If so give me some advance warning I will bake a cake and put on the kettle   ;D

Ian McEnery Sutton Coldfield  West Midlands 600ft above sea level

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 06:43:28 PM »
Sadly not, Ian..  :-X

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 07:13:01 PM »
Maggi,  Thank you so much for the forms. I can open last years, so that will do.

Ian Mc - I think she should deliver ours, it is warmer out here at the moment.  Will happily bake the cake, bring out the single malt, a good drop of New Zealand wine.  What more could a girl want.  She certainly deserves it.

Chris - I totally agree, where else could you get such co-operation so swiftly.

Thank you all.

Dunedin, New Zealand

Brian Duncan

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 10:43:28 PM »
A maiden message - stimulated by the seed list on line!
What an amazing seed list!!  Congratulations to all donors and those who had patience and took time to compile such a list for the benefit of others. Now I must seek to join the SRGC.

But a question emerges - who knows anything about the history of the name in the list N.rupicola rapiata? It's the rapiata part that is puzzling - I've been given some unverified information. Maybe the seed donor knows all the background facts?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:24:42 PM by Maggi Young »

Gerdk

• grower of sweet violets
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 11:42:05 AM »
But a question emerges - who knows anything about the history of the name in the list N.rupicola rapiata? It's the rapiata part that is puzzling - I've been given some unverified information. Maybe the seed donor knows all the background facts?
I agree - indeed an amazing list!

Brian,
Maybe you found the same information concerning the rapiata daffodil, but if not:
There is a Narcissus Rapiata listed on 'plantnavigator.ch' (Switzerland). The source is Rare Plants UK.
I am interested in another daffodil mystery. Who found Narcissus triandrus in Morocco (No. 2565)?
Gerd
Gerd Knoche, Solingen
Germany

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 02:01:27 PM »
It is my first order. Where can I find the  official order form to send my order ? Next year, I will give some seeds too. Thank you
Dominique
do

Pontoux France

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2007, 12:06:08 AM »
Dominique - hopefully one of the Scottish members will help you.  If you are a member of thr SRGC (not just of the forum community) you can request a seed order form which comes with a printed copy of the list.  As an overseas member you would get a list sent automatically.  It may be that there is someone who can 'fast-track' your membership to enable you to make an order this year. 

Come on you Scottish Rockers - help Dominique out, he is one of us :) :)

crazy4alpines

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2007, 11:40:44 PM »
Ooopps!  Maggi can you please help me?  I was careless and failed to realize that one of my last minute surplus seed choices is an endangered species and my order is already in the mail.  It is #1190 Delphinium luteum.  I did not see a black dot next to it on the seed list and since it was a last minute inclusion to my surplus seeds list, I forgot to check the APHIS forbidden list (see the below link provided by NARGS)

https://www.nargs.org/RestrictedSeed/

Hopefully everyone else will want this delightful dwarf pastel yellow Delphinium and there won't be any seed left for the surplus seed distribution.  But others might select this for their 1st choice main seed distribution list.  Regardless, I was hoping you could have someone put a post-it note on those seeds warning not to send them to USA members.  Others might have also made this mistake due to the lack of a black dot and a note next to those seed packets might be the easiest way to address this.  I gratefully appreciate any assistance you can provide.  I appologize for my blunder and will be more diligent checking the APHIS forbidden list next year.  I am still amazed and very delighted by the wonderful selection of seeds available this year and gratefully thank all of the donors and seed exchange volunteers for their efforts.

With humility,

Steve
Steve
Pacific Northwest
USA

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 11:48:39 AM »
Hi, Steve,
 I will email you with an address to send your message to, with a note of your full postal adddress etc. so that the Seed Distribution team can try to pick up your order before the Delphinium gets included.

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »
Dominique - hopefully one of the Scottish members will help you.  If you are a member of thr SRGC (not just of the forum community) you can request a seed order form which comes with a printed copy of the list.  As an overseas member you would get a list sent automatically.  It may be that there is someone who can 'fast-track' your membership to enable you to make an order this year. 

Come on you Scottish Rockers - help Dominique out, he is one of us :) :)

Thank you Tony, it is made. Maggi, as always has resolved my problem !
do

Pontoux France

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2007, 09:22:38 PM »
Seed list finally arrived in New Zealand.

Susan
Dunedin, New Zealand

Carlo

• BirdMan and Botanical Blogger
    • BotanicalGardening.com
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2007, 09:59:04 PM »
Still don't have mine (despite the fact that AGS has been here and is out the door already...).
Carlo A. Balistrieri
Vice President
The Garden Conservancy
Zone 6

Twitter: @botanicalgarden
Visit: www.botanicalgardening.com and its BGBlog, http://botanicalgardening.com/serendipity/index.php

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 10:25:07 PM »
Haven't received AGS and when I last looked at their site there was no current seed list on it.  Off now to have a look.

Susan
Dunedin, New Zealand

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 06:06:35 AM »
Finally received the hard copy of the SRGC Seed list yesterday! Just as well that I used the form Maggi supplied!
AGS arrived two days ago. No sign of NARGS yet, but they usually make it sometime closer to Christmas!
What a fun time of year! Myopically searching the lists, checking the web for pics and poring over reference books;fun, fun, fun,fun,fun!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal