We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Comments on SRGC Seed Exchange No. 66, 2012-13  (Read 13697 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Comments on SRGC Seed Exchange No. 66, 21012-13
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 11:48:20 PM »
It makes ME very happy also!  :D
And me because one or two commercial concerns when offeref material have done their best to tie it all up in not-supply-elsewhere type agreements or contracts and I don't think it's right that a commercial outfit should claim for itself alone, what is, after all, a wild plant.

On the same principle as a man on the West Coast here a few years ago wanted to call his small shop Harrods shoes, or whatever it was. His name IS Harrod. But the big one threatened to sue him if he used HIS OWN name! How is that right or fair?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 11:49:59 PM »
No sign of the seedlist here yet and I haven't looked Online because I already have so many still to sow and with the packing up, it would be utter madness to ask for more. I'll give them a miss this year.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Tom Waters

• iris geek
    • Telperion Oasis
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »
On the same principle as a man on the West Coast here a few years ago wanted to call his small shop Harrods shoes, or whatever it was. His name IS Harrod. But the big one threatened to sue him if he used HIS OWN name! How is that right or fair?

There is (or was) a "MacDonald's Restaurant" in Pitlochry. Quite a charming establishment. Perhaps the "a" helped.
Tom Waters
Telperion Oasis ~ www.telp.com/irises
Cuyamungue, New Mexico, USA

USDA zone 6

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 07:21:07 AM »
I notice item 635 Bulbinella eburnifolia. I think this name is incorrect. It should be B. eburniflora. I have discussed this with Pauline Perry whose work on this genus was published by the NBI in 1999. As a descriptive term eburnifolia is unlikely. The problem has occurred before. I think it must be one of those cases when someone has a blank moment and the error just gets copied.

Erle
My fault, Erle. It was definitely a blank moment!
I originally got it as B. cauda-felis but it was shown not to be that species.
Not many seed this year so if it's on your wants list get in early!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Jonna

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2012, 01:05:43 PM »
This is the first year 'Seed Distribution' for me, and something is not quite clear to me. Maybe I missed something in the instructions. English is not my motherlanguage.

As a Donor I fill in 25 numbers and 21 extra numbers in case some of the first 25 are out of stock. At the same time I can order surplus seeds.
In case 10 of the extra numbers are used, because 10 of the 1st 25 were out of stock, there are still 11 numbers in the 'extra' that I would like to get, but will not get because I do not know in advance how many extra numbers will be used, so I can't order them as a surplus.

Or did I miss something?

zone 6 Belgium

Regelian

• waking escapes the dream
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »
This is the first year 'Seed Distribution' for me, and something is not quite clear to me. Maybe I missed something in the instructions. English is not my motherlanguage.

As a Donor I fill in 25 numbers and 21 extra numbers in case some of the first 25 are out of stock. At the same time I can order surplus seeds.
In case 10 of the extra numbers are used, because 10 of the 1st 25 were out of stock, there are still 11 numbers in the 'extra' that I would like to get, but will not get because I do not know in advance how many extra numbers will be used, so I can't order them as a surplus.

Or did I miss something?

Jonna,

das hast Du richtig verstanden. Das System ist nicht perfect.  Fürs Surplus Seed bestelle ich Blocks, die möglicheweise vorher gewünschte Sorten einschliessen oder liste die Ersatzsamen nochmal individuell.  Am Schlimmsten bekomme ich 2 Mal den Ersatzsamen, oder gar keine (ausverkauft).  Wie ich es sehe, nächstes Jahr kommt doch!

Grüße aus Köln,

Jamie
Jamie Vande
Cologne
Germany

Jonna

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »
Danke Jamie

Jonna
zone 6 Belgium

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »
The Seed Exchange No. 66 is NOW OPEN for this season: please read all instructions carefully in the Seed Exchange Section. You must register each year for the Seed exchange, - from the links followed  in the seed exchange section, not the main SRGC webpage or the forum.

http://www.srgc.net/site/index.php/extensions/seed-exchange  is the link to enter the Seed exchange area

The Seed Exchange No. 66 is NOW OPEN for this season: please read all instructions carefully in the Seed Exchange Section. You must register each year for the Seed exchange, - from the links to be followed  in the seed exchange section, not the main SRGC webpage or the forum.

http://www.srgc.net/site/index.php/extensions/seed-exchange  is the link to enter the Seed exchange area.

Please note that for initial registration you  must  enter the special password from the Journal and you will then be prompted to enter your membership number, surname, email address and then to chose a personal password for your access this year

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:56:58 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

WimB

• always digs deeper...
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 03:29:50 PM »
It works like a charm! Thanks to the webteam!!
Wim Boens - Secretary VRV (Flemish Rock Garden Society) - Seed exchange manager Crocus Group
Wingene Belgium zone 8a

Flemish Rock Garden society (VRV): http://www.vrvforum.be/
Facebook page VRV: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VRV-Vlaamse-Rotsplanten-Vereniging/351755598192270

Botanica

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »
Hello

I want to go to the webpage of seed but i have a problematic  :-\
I enter my name BOTANICA

"Sorry, the membership number or password you provided were not valid or your account may not yet have been activated."

What is the problem ?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:03:18 PM by Maggi Young »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 06:41:23 PM »
You only enter the numbers, NOT the letters  -  of your membership number.
This is stated in the instructions!  ;)

If you still have problems, Botanica, please send me your full name and address and number privately.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:02:13 PM by Maggi Young »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »
Passwords must contain only letters and numbers and be between 6 and 10 characters long Remember that passwords are case sensitive

Your surname entered must be your surname (family name) ,  this  not anything to do with any forum registration or username!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:23:10 PM by Maggi Young »

Jonna

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 09:38:41 PM »
I was succesful to order seeds, but I noticed  that my address was not right in the summary of my request.
The community I'm living is Büllingen, but in the summary it's Büllingen. I'm afraid if the parcel will never arrive with that community name. How can I change that?

zone 6 Belgium

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
Jonna, I will check this for you - but it may simply be the way it is showing in the confirmation to you!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:57:10 PM by Maggi Young »

sippa

• Journal Access Group
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 10:44:05 PM »

Hi Maggie,

I can not find the place where I enter my membership number and the password.  Please help.  The only thing I can do is browse.

Thanks,

Marianne
Marianne gardening in Vermont, USA

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal