We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Christmas Greetings Everyone  (Read 19133 times)

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Re: Christmas Greetings Everyone
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2006, 11:31:03 AM »
hello Peter and welcome. It took you long enough! I saw you a few weeks ago as a new memmber. Better late than never. When I first saw you registered I thought you were a P. Maguire from over here
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Mick McLoughlin

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2006, 03:31:24 PM »
A Merry Christmas to all on the forum.
Hemsworth, West Yorkshire

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
Thanks so much Maggi, Ian and Fred for the beautiful card. I specially liked the lords a-leaping and the pipers piping. Good musical cow too.

Christmas Day is well finished here by now and very nice it was too. I hope yours and everyone's was as happy and joyful as mine. Do other men's partners get frilly underwear for Christmas? I got a weedeater!
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
Happy continuation
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2006, 10:22:44 AM »
Happy continuation!!
That is what the Swedish say between Christmas and New Year. Acctually they say "Glad fortsättning" but more people understand the English version I presume.

Here is a My Avitar in a bigger format as recuested :)
Mr and Mrs Santa sends their greetings to You, together with an Archangel named Gabriel dressed as Santas helper.

Hope You have and had a good Holliday

Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Casalima

• Not lost in translation
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2006, 11:37:49 AM »
Season's Greetings to all on the forum, and an especial hello, welcome, olá, benvindo, continuação de boas festas :), to Joakim, from a more northerly part of Portugal.

Chloe
(who lived in Coimbra for a time, many years ago)
Chloe, Ponte de Lima, North Portugal, zone 9+

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2006, 11:50:30 AM »
Joakim, congratulations  to Mr and Mrs Santa on little Gabriel, you have a fine family there!
Greetings to you, too, Chloe, may the coming year be a good one for you.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2006, 01:01:37 AM »
Thanks Chloe and Maggi
We are lucky to have the little angel. Sometimes more happy than others :D

Nice to meet a Portugue with an interest in gardening. I have been looking for any garden societies or web site forum or something like that to meet people with a simular interest here in Portugal.
I would be espesially happy to find people that are interested in looking at orchids at their natural environment. Espesially since some that exist in Portugal do not exist in Sweden. So if You know of anything in that area please let me know. Chloe are You living by the cost or is it inland? I presume it is a big difference in climat between cost and inland that often is equal to high altitude.

Boas festas every one and let the comming Year be an even better year than this one.

Kind regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Casalima

• Not lost in translation
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2006, 01:38:04 PM »
Nice to meet a Portugue with an interest in gardening. I have been looking for any garden societies or web site forum or something like that to meet people with a simular interest here in Portugal.
I would be espesially happy to find people that are interested in looking at orchids at their natural environment. Espesially since some that exist in Portugal do not exist in Sweden. So if You know of anything in that area please let me know. Chloe are You living by the cost or is it inland? I presume it is a big difference in climat between cost and inland that often is equal to high altitude.

I'm English, but I've been here for over 20 years and I'm pretty much "assimilated". Most of my plant/garden-loving friends here are actually Spanish, met through a Spanish garden forum. But I'd love to meet more like-minded people here, and go hunting orchids and narcissus etc. I particularly remember orchids on the road south of Coimbra towards Penela or somewhere like that.
I live in Ponte de Lima, about 25 km inland, but mild - frosts only with clear sky. Oranges, lemons, apples, pears, chestnuts, quinces, camellias, magnolias, hydrangeas, narcissus, colchicum, too many asphodels (or asphodel-like things) ...  :)

Chloe
Chloe, Ponte de Lima, North Portugal, zone 9+

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »
Chloe is not a typical Portuguese name so I might have guessed :)
Recognise every thing of the plants from Coimbra and the surroundings except for colchicums but I hope to cure that :)
I have not been around in Portugal at the right places at the right times to have seen orchids but I think I saw one from the mainroad out of Coimbra going north.
I will have to check arround to see if there is any botanist at the University (amateur or profesional) that knows of nice places to visit :)

Take care
Joakim

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2006, 08:25:58 PM »
I'm sure this is the thread where Lesley was 'outed' as a cake-faker :)   Here is a real gardeners cake ... made for me by my Mother-in-Law for my 40th a few years back .... I must be doing something right ;)

Note the pot of sugar crocus to the right - too good to eat :)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2006, 08:38:15 PM »
Great cake, Tony...it has made me a little peckish so I'm off for a snack!
Hard to believe Lesley had us all fooled, bless her.. and she looks so innocent!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 09:28:38 PM by Maggi Young »

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2006, 10:50:01 PM »
Regarding baking, making and faking cakes.
My wife baked a cake for my son birthday today.
I myself would have made a cake by assemble it from redy made sponge cake. I still consider that making a cake.
For my father-in-laws birthday I designed  a cake and the bake baked it I still made the cake happen at the party so I made the cake happen so to say. I bet Lesley baker did not design cakes with text with greetings to the forum so I say Lesley made that cake happen as well. She surly did not bake the cake but made it so cake maker is ok rather than cake faker since all the cakes are/where real. I will just add the cake that my wife did and say that there is still some left if You are hungry and can e-mail it to You. We do not have fax so I can not fax it.

Enjoy
Joakim

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2006, 10:53:44 PM »
OOH! Chocolate and walnuts... yummy! I'm hungry again! your son is a lucky lad! Wish him a very happy birthday from me in Aberdeen, please.
 I quite agree with you, Joakim, Lesley caused the cakes to be made, so she is their maker, too.

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2006, 11:26:49 PM »
Tony - I love the 'seed tray' cake - I hope I get something as nice for my 40th.

Maggi - does this mean Lesley will get her former title back?....

John

John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2006, 12:19:18 AM »
I'm with Joakim - Lesley 'made' the cakes happen.... lets give her her former title back!!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal