We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: White form of Paeonia tenuifolia and Trillium grandiflorum Roseum flora plena  (Read 2475 times)

kalle-k.dk

• Karl Kristensen's Garden
I got a couple of question about genus witch have my special interest. First about Paeonia; several has asked me if I know something about there has existed a white form of P. tenuifolia. I told theme, in 1998 that I saw a white form in Edinburgh Botanical Garden. It was in the Rock Garden. A few years after I visited the garden again, but could not find the plant. I asked a Paeonia nursery man in England and he told me that he never had heard about a white form and he thought that it was a P. tenuifolia Roseum I had seen in the garden. Maybe it was white because it was begin to fall. Is there anyone who has heard about a white form of P. tenuifolia.
My second question is about Trillium. Also here there are several who has told me that there is a double Trillium grandiflorum Roseum. They told me that it is Roseum when it is beginning to flowering. Is there any of you who has heard about it.
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
and
"Trillium grandiflorum, unlike most trilliums, produces many-petaled “double” forms. Forma roseum Farwell, opening a striking clear salmon-pink, occurs very rarely throughout the range, but is frequent in mixed or pure colonies along the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia."
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
On Trillium-L recently, there has been some discussion on a double T. g. `Roseum' and someone in Australia seems to think there is such a plant in New Zealand. But I and other Trillium growers have not come across such a plant and Mr. Trillium (S.P.) who lives near to me, certainly hasn't met it. He grows ALL trilliums there are I think. If anyone knew of it, he would. I'm sure in my own mind that someone has seen a double beginning to age to pink and has made unwarranted assumptions.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

kalle-k.dk

• Karl Kristensen's Garden
Mark you information about Forma roseum Farwell was new information for me. I hope one day I will be lucky to find that form to my collection. I have seen all this mails on Trillium-L and also hope, one day I will be lucky to find “Jenny Rhodes” I am sure both Trillium are so rare, it will be inconceivable to think it was one of this plants, the plant collector I told about, hold it he’s hand on a nursery in England. I am sure, what he hold in he’s hands, was a double white where the flowers was begin to die down. Thank you both for your information’s.
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal