We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Sale seeds for donation an orphans Kindergarten in Beijing China  (Read 1645 times)

yijiawang

Hello every flower hobbyist!
 I am in Beijing China, in the last weekend(July-21st,2012),it was a strong raining/tornado/flood in my city Beijing, hundreds of people died(though our government said only 77 persons).Especially in southwest, many people and houses were flooded/destroyed by disaster. Included one kindergarten, all houses in 1 meter water over 2 days.
 Angel Kindergarten is belong to http://www.livinghopeintl.org/, a half for ordinary children, another half for orphans. Ordinary children supply profit, so orphans need not carry any fees. As school name showed, most of employees are Christian.
 But now, all beds and furnitures have to be changed because dirty water. They need fund to run kindergarten and welcome children to come back in September.

I want to sell some seeds for donation, Clematis acerfolia, a rare species from SW Beijing----the flood area.
 Clematis acerfolia is a dwarf bush, only height 5~20cm. Grows on lime cliff. It like extremely dry in winter, and moist, but well draining in summer. Under strong sunlight, especially sunset sunlight----I never find any plant grows on cliff, where face to north east or south. Flower from the end of April to the head of May, seeds mature in 2 weeks! If you visit situ in the third week, just only can collect few seeds....like me in this year.
Can not trust only need 2 weeks to mature? lol
 Seeds will keep high germinate rate in the first year, fast germinate in 1 weeks after sowing.
 As same as other rock garden plants, it need very well draining compost. I suppose compost contain gravel:loam=3:1 Seedlings need full sun, fresh air, and few fertilizer. Only one problem: growing very slow. Maybe need 3 or 5 years to bloom. Mature plants increase extremely slowly, only 1~5cm every year.

10seeds in each package, all seeds were collected in this May.
 Original price 5.5US$+shipping fees 3.5US$=9US$,
 Donation price only 8US$, included registered parcel. All income(seeds fees+postage) will be sent to kindergarten.
 Without wholesale price because limited quantity.
20packages for SRGC member.

Place order or more qeustion, please Email me: yijiawang2005@gmail.com

I will post picture or invoice when the kindergarten receive the money.

Kindergarten blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/2656266291
After flood : http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_9e53683301011ua4.html
Cleaning : http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_9e53683301011w0w.html
Flood destroyed furniture list: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_9e53683301011w14.html
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:59:12 PM by yijiawang »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Sale seeds for donation an orphans Kindergarten in Beijing China
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
I am sure we are all aware of the damage done by the terrible floods experienced in Beijing.

Follow the links of Yijia's post to see photos of the aftermath and the sterling work being done to clear the mess.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:02:53 AM »
What a lovely species it appears to be, growing on the cliff face among rocks. I hope some people will be able to try it.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

hanninkj

• Homepage Ton Hannink
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »
This is a very beautiful, rare and difficult clematis. I have had seeds and young plants before and it is worth to buy these seeds!

Ton

hanninkj

• Homepage Ton Hannink
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »
I have already 8 young plants.

Ton

Tony Willis

• Wandering Star
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »
I have already 8 young plants.

Ton

That is excellent,I have had three germinate and two of them have damped off.
Chorley, Lancashire zone 8b

hanninkj

• Homepage Ton Hannink
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 09:15:31 AM »
Do not keep them too wet because this Clematis grows between the rocks!

Ton

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal