We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Glasgow SRGC Show, 5th May 2012  (Read 7608 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Glasgow SRGC Show, 5th May 2012
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
Can we see it too please Carol? Or maybe it's back there on pages 1 or 2 and I missed it?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2012, 08:07:11 AM »
Lesley, 'New Highland Show', page 2, pic. srgcHighland 071.JPG. In the foreground of the picture of Jonny Karlsson.

http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=9003.msg244895#msg244895 (link to post with that photo-added by maggi )
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 10:40:29 AM by Maggi Young »
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2012, 03:37:29 AM »
Oh, I remember now. It is rather sumptuous and gorgeous isn't it. Thanks for the reminder.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

johnny-l

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2012, 06:29:12 PM »
I was sorry that I had not posted a picture of a plant exhibited by the Show Sec even though I had taken one, just that I thought my pic was pretty poor, however as no one else seems to have posted a red prize plant for John I have resurrected the pic from my computer recycle bin and post it now. Quite how show secs have the time to exhibit at their own show I don't know but amazingly they do so well done again John
Lachenalia arbuthnotiae (label was slightly out of focus so I hope thats right)
Sorry for taking so long to acknowledge your post, George. Yes, it can get pretty hectic for Show Secs in the run up to Show day. Spot on with your naming: while it is one of the less flamboyant (bizarre) lachenalias it is one of the best. It was in a small pot thus easy to clean and its partner in the 2 pan class was a Leucocoryne, which was on its fourth Show outing, hence aleady clean.  It was marvellous to see so many of our SRGC members from the North of England showing and visiting. As Maggi mentionrd elsewhere, Norwich was probably a step too far for some. Fortunately, Glasgow's gain.  I'll see you at Ponteland in the Autumn, George.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal