We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: LEWISIA-2012  (Read 11571 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: LEWISIA-2012
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2012, 08:07:03 PM »
'Constant Comment' is very fine. Very floriferous and nice and compact on short stems. I like it a lot.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

brianw

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2012, 11:06:26 PM »
Are these Lewisia colour forms grown from seed strains or micro-propagated?

I have some Lewisia tweedyi with odd flowers now, and they were only sown in February from Nargs "yellow form" seed. They are just a pale yellow so far, with some slight orange/pink, so guess they don't come true.
Edge of Chiltern hills, 25 miles west of London, England

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2012, 10:23:55 PM »
Plants of Lewisia tweedyi as 'Ashford Yellow' were offered at the NZ Trillium Group weekend last year and I bought two. As I remember all those on offer were in bloom with consistently yellow flowers. Not a rich, golden type of yellow but definitely yellow, all the same as I recall. I had just 5 seeds from my two plants and all are up, small, unflowered plants as yet.

I thought I had lost the two originals as the foliage got a bit overgrown by other things and rotted but just last week I found both are growing away strongly from the centres.

I also bought a good yellow cotyledon form a couple of weeks ago at our OAGG Show. The colour is the same as that of the tweedyi plants.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal