General Subjects > General Forum

Support of the SRGC

(1/10) > >>

Maggi Young:
The SRGC advertising manager has made  introduced a new topic:
http://www.srgc.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8656.0 - Advertising with the SRGC.

This highlights the number of  readers of these pages, and sellers, who benefit from the service provided here by the SRGC but who contribute no financial support to the continuation of the service.
So, a heart felt plea to all of you reading this.... if you  read these pages and enjoy what you see and would like the chance to have this continue, please consider some alternatives.....

a) Join the SRGC and support our effort and gain all the other benefits of membership as well.

b) Make a donation to our funds by clicking on the Paypal donate button. No paypal account is needed and the system is a secure server.

c) If you are a nursery/business person, consider taking SRGC advertising in the twice yearly journal, The Rock Garden.

Remember, this forum is widely available... but there are costs involved in maintaining an online presence, as with any other aspect of a club.

Please show you support for the SRGC by following one of the suggestions above.... your action will be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn Walker:
Maggi, I had been wanting to make a donation to the SRGC but the message that appears at the top of the page sounds like you need a Paypal account, which I don't have.  It was nice you clarified this in the post, but perhaps you should revise the actual message.  Second problem, so I clicked on the button to donate, and you have to donate in pounds.  I don't know how this will work on my credit card because I have been charged outrageous fees in the past for paying for something in foreign currency.  Any guidance?  Can I mail the SRGC a check?  Carolyn

Edit : see http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=8657.msg266148#msg266148 to learn that when an amount in Sterling (GBP) isentered you will be charged the equivalent in your own currency

Alan_b:

--- Quote from: Maggi Young on February 24, 2012, 01:59:34 PM ---a) Join the SRGC and support our effort and gain all the other benefits of membership as well.

--- End quote ---

I would love to join and gain all the benefits of membership but as I live in the south of England I would gain very few of them.  Would the SRGC consider expanding to cover anywhere with a significant number of members, even if this is not in Scotland?  So that if enough of us joined down here we could start to organise SRGC events?  Please ask your committee - I would definitely join if they answered in the affirmative.

ChrisB:
Alan,  I know Maggi will respond to this, but as subs secretary.  I'm in Northumberland and we have a group affiliated* to SRGC despite being south of the border and a similar one in the North West,  so I'm sure the council would welcome such a group forming and you would get full backing from the council.  Our constitution states:  Local Groups exist or may be formed whenever the members in an area wish to associate for meetings o other Club activities including shows.  After recognition of a Group by the Council the Group Convener or his deputy shall be a member of the Group Conveners Committee and the Show Secretary shall be a member of he Show Secretaries Committee.  I can pm you a copy of our constitution if you want to look at it.

*all our groups are self supporting, regardless of where they are.

Anthony Darby:
Not sure if cheques from countries other than the UK can be paid into UK accounts. I am still keeping my membership as I feel the bulletins alone are worth the money. I also benefit from the seed exchange and the Forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version