We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Location for plunges?  (Read 820 times)

BryanEmery

• So many plants so little money
Location for plunges?
« on: February 06, 2012, 05:25:03 AM »
I am looking at putting a sand plunge bed on the side of my greenhouse, it would be in morning sun and diffuse afternoon and evening light. I think this should be ok, but I am also looking at putting a raised ( say 38") plunge behind the gh. This bed would only get diffuse light through the day. Would this be ok as raised stageing for my ariculas, some bulbs and some cushion plants? Or would they suffer in the lower light.

Thank you for all your help!

Bryan
I am not obsessive when it comes to plant shopping, I just want two of everything....

Victoria BC Canada

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Re: Location for plunges?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 06:02:09 AM »
By building plunges in both aspects you will increase your potential habitats and discover plants that are perfectly suited by each.
During our trips to the mountains we have been amazed by the number of species that thrive in low light conditions and many forest edge plants will feel totally at home in the conditions you have described. 
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

BryanEmery

• So many plants so little money
Re: Location for plunges?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 06:04:23 AM »
Thank you Cliff!
That is what I had hoped to hear ;D
I am not obsessive when it comes to plant shopping, I just want two of everything....

Victoria BC Canada

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal