We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: How are Hyacinth bulbs prepared?  (Read 6808 times)

Darren

Re: How are Hyacinth bulbs prepared?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 10:38:19 AM »
Hi Luit,

Thank you on behalf of Susan. I'm sure she will reply herself this evening - she is out at her work experience at a nursery today.

Cheers,

Darren.
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

SusanS

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 06:14:52 PM »
Hi Luit,

thank you very much for the link - I've just had a quick peek.  I certainly will print out some of the information for future reference as it looks like a very comprehensive and informative site.

As Darren said I have been on work experience at the nursery today.  Very aptly todays job was to line out the bulbs ready for the nursery reopening on 01st Feb.

It was lovely to look at the sales tables full of pots, with their healthy little shoots and in a few cases flowers.  I spent a lot of time potting up the bulbs in the autumn, so it was great to see them looking so well.  I am looking forward to seeing them in flower - there are 26 different narcissus varieties alone, so it should be a colourful display.  8)

Thanks again to everyone for their help.  :)

Susan
Darren's t'other half

Ezeiza

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 07:15:08 PM »

"and quite rightly so.  :)  As with any industry it takes time and money, not to mention a lot of hard work, to carryout research and develop good processes."

Of course, just in case it wasn't clear. Obtaining such precise temperatures involve years of research, expense and losses. It is only fair that they enjoy the benefit of their efforts.
Alberto Castillo, in south America, near buenos Aires, Argentina.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal