We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Fritillaria persica and imperialis  (Read 3930 times)

Michael

Fritillaria persica and imperialis
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
Greetings.

Do anyone knows where i can find a nice shop with those here on europe? I had made a search and just find at the USA...
Thanks on advance
Mike :)
"F" for Fritillaria, that's good enough to me ;)
Mike

Portugal, Madeira Island

David Shaw

• SRGC Publications Manager
Re: Fritillaria persica and imperialis
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:25:07 PM »
Mike
Fritillaria persica and F. imperialis should be available from most garden centres, at least in northern Europe.
If you requuire mail order try www.jacquesamand.com and look in his European Store list. I have just checked and he has both listed.
David Shaw, Forres, Moray, Scotland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »
Mike, you may also like to take a look at Janis Ruksans catalogue. I have Emailed a copy to your private Email address.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Thomas Huber

• Neustadt Croconut
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:21:55 PM »
Mike, you could also try Leonid Bondarenko or Beringmeier in Germany.
Look for their website in the link collection of the SRGC.
Thomas Huber, Neustadt - Germany (230m)

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:49:50 PM »
Mike the places they have recomended are from enthusiasts so the bulbs are different than the one You could have got if You would have got Continente on Maderira (F. imperialis). These guys also have things that You nevere ever will find in Continente. For all non Portuguese Continente is a "hypermarket" like Tesco I would say.
They really have nice things in these web shops.  8)

Good luck
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Michael

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 07:10:51 PM »
Many thanks for the information! Geeez there are so many different species of fritillaria! And some are expensive.
Thomas, i cannot read one of those sites, because i dont understand Deutsch...
Joakim, by the price i presume the quality is much more superior, and  i will give them a try next year, but this year i will just try and do some tests to see if it works!
:)
"F" for Fritillaria, that's good enough to me ;)
Mike

Portugal, Madeira Island

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 04:39:05 AM »
A question like that really makes me want to swear and spit, when I think of all the years we must live through in the long, painful and frequently unsuccessful process of growing such things from seed. You just trot along to the garden centre or write a list from a catalogue. It ain't fair.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

rob krejzl

• One-Eyed About Plants
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 07:15:54 AM »
A question like that really makes me want to swear and spit, when I think of all the years we must live through in the long, painful and frequently unsuccessful process of growing such things from seed. You just trot along to the garden centre or write a list from a catalogue. It ain't fair.

Mmm, I felt like that too when I first arrived in Oz - even more so when you consider all the other things that I could just pop into any of the DIY places for. But think of all the weird & wonderful natives that they lust after Lesley.
Southern Tasmania

USDA Zone 8/9

Thomas Huber

• Neustadt Croconut
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 07:17:42 AM »
Mike, send an e-mail in English to Beringmeier and ask for the plants you want!
Mr. Pohlmann will reply soon!
Thomas Huber, Neustadt - Germany (230m)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal