We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: The last of swapping in 2011.  (Read 1124 times)

LarsB

• The Fearless One
The last of swapping in 2011.
« on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:16 PM »
On the 29th a packet arrived with plants in return for some i sent earlier in the year. Definately last packet of the year  :)

It is always exiting to open and see what is there, especially when you don't know excatly what is send. There were three heliamphora, which is exciting but has little to do with orchids, but there were orchids as well.
A Bletilla striata 'Murasaki Shikibu', one of the blue and then there were the really exiting orchids: 2 Bulbophylum. Maybe it sounds strange that this is the most exciting, but they are cool growing Bulbo's, which i kind of knew was around, but didn't really know. B. inconspicuum and B. orbiculare. It is not plants that will have any future in the cut-flower trade, but it is still great to have some bulbos again. I've previously grown quite a few bulbos, but when i switched to colder conditions the bulbos had to go.

There are a lot of other exciting plants to arrive this year. Several Pleione, most fantastic and long awaited P. coronaria, some new mediteranian Ophrys and Orchis and a lot of Masdevallia, too.

There must be others out there who has made some interesting and exciting swaps this year. Let's hear.

Lars in Roedovre, Denmark.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal