We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Spiranthes odorata Chadds Ford  (Read 1180 times)

Hakone

Spiranthes odorata Chadds Ford
« on: December 20, 2011, 03:57:52 PM »

EDIT by Forum Moderator :   Apologies -some earlier photos posted by Hakone have been removed because  of a security issue with their remote hosting site.

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
Re: Spiranthes odorata Chadds Ford
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
Hello Hakone,

you captured the beauty of the Spiranthes flowers very well, especially in the 2nd photo.

It seems to me that your plant is a little etiolated (long in the stem). Have you been growing it indoors?

Here is an example of mine, long past flowering, which is growing in a pot in my garden. It gives you some idea of what proportion of stem length to flower size one would expect of this cultivar grown outside.
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

Tony Willis

• Wandering Star
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 08:29:38 PM »
Maren a few years ago I did a swap for a Chadds Ford and when it came up it seemed to be horribly virused and I threw it away.

I cannot tell from the pictures posted here and wondered how yours is?
Chorley, Lancashire zone 8b

Maren

• Maren & Pln Tongariro
    • Heritage Orchids
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »
On this plant the old leaves are tattered and blotched, which is normal at this time of year.  You can see the new leaves emerging which are spotlessly green, so no virus there.

I have, however, come across plants which had yellow blotches in the summer, and that is not a good sign. They soon found their way into the bin.
Maren in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom - Zone 8

http://www.heritageorchids.co.uk/

Hakone

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »
Hello Maren,

Indoor and from the bathroom window sill
EDIT by Forum Moderator :   Apologies -some earlier photos posted by Hakone have been removed because  of a security issue with their remote hosting site.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal