General Subjects > General Forum

Other plant photos

<< < (2/5) > >>

David Shaw:
There are some great plants, Mike.
Maybe we could have another competition, Lesley bakes a virtual cake for the forumist who can name them all :).
I have just looked up Mike's profile and see that he lives in Madera which explains his growing conditions. I would cost me the whole years salary to heat a house to grow these plants in Scotland.

Thomas Huber:
I've seen such water canals in your neighborhood on the Canary Island of La Palma in 1996!

Found your request for Fritillaria in another thread and I still have some F. meleagris and pallidiflora
seeds here - the only thing I want in return is the e-mail adress of your cousin  8)
You will need 4 or 5 years to grow them to flowering size, contact me privately if you want them !

Michael:
Yes Maggi, Hyacinthoides non-scripta! I also like the campanula, but i was refering to the Hyacinthoides. Have you checked the photo that they have on wikipedia? An ENTIRE woods covered in blue! It is a pity that plant is hybridising with other one, i really like the hanging habit of the flowers. Where can i find a store with those? Is it true that the bulb cannot dry out?

Michael:
Ok David, it would be fun trying to name them all (except the pics who have many plant involved). An i also want to try a piece of that virtual cake! Can't you grow these plants at home?

Thomas, yes i am interested in the seeds ;D ;D. It certainly will be a nice experience to grow them that way, but i never tried to grow bulbs like that, because i usually propagate by bulbils. I hope you help me with their culture

Lesley Cox:
Yes Mike (where does "Mike" come from? I don't see it anywhere, or in the profile). You certainly do need a garden, and a large one at that. I can just hear the conversation here. "Roger, I need to grow more primulas and crocuses. Would you go and cut down a few bananas please." ;D ;D ;D

I know only a couple of what for me are entirely tropical plants. But I really like the Pinguicula.

So far as a cake is concerned, for a complete list of correct names, I think I'm pretty safe. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version