General Subjects > General Forum

Other plant photos

<< < (5/5)

Michael:
Yes! That is what i found more interesting on the Tecomanthe genus. I grow T. venusta. That plant, i got it as a rooted cutting on July, but it's growing now fast. I hope to see flowers in 2-3 years! But T. speciosa is the only one in yellow (as far as i know).

Lesley Cox:
Mike, maybe if Tecomanthe speciosa is offered as seed here, I could get some for you. I'll have a look on the two websites you mention. It will certainly be hardier than the one in the RBG website in Maggi's link. I know there is (or was) a huge flowering plant in a garden on Otago Peninsula (technically within Dunedin city) but that was some years ago and the then owner is no longer alive, so anything could have happened to it since. I remember seeing it in full bloom, sprawled all over the top of a large garage. The peninsula has a little less frost than in the city proper but gets apalling winds right up the harbour.

T. speciosais not really yellow, a creamy shade, even greenish white, as I recall.

Michael:
Thanks Lesley! I dont know if those places still have seeds, because it has been a long time since i made a search of that plant. But as far as i remember, it's a very widespread vine at local gardens (at least is what they say...)
If you have news, please contact me
M

Casalima:
Olá Mike,

Welcome! (better late than never ...). You have a wonderful collection of plants. Don't forget to consider yourself lucky to live on such a wonderful island! A bit crazy, but definitely wonderful - with interesting local plants and amazing conditions for growing other plants. If there is one thing that plant growers have in common it is the desire to grow "inappropriate" plants!  ;D I am sure that you can find plenty of excellent "candidates" for the climate in Madeira.

um abraço
Chloë
looking forward to going to Madeira again one day ...

Michael:
Hi Chloe!

Thanks for your nice comments :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version