We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Christmas wish list  (Read 10092 times)

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
Re: Christmas wish list
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
Maureen mentions Flanders & Swann, and at the drop of a hat, Mick comes up with a clip. ;D
Anthony Darby, Auckland, New Zealand.
"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"
http://www.dunblanecathedral.org.uk/Choir/The-Choir.html

Mick McLoughlin

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2011, 12:23:31 PM »
Hemsworth, West Yorkshire

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2011, 08:16:46 PM »
Just to be able to play a "C" chord in comfort and without having to pull my third finger into place >:(
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2011, 08:40:56 PM »
Just to be able to play a "C" chord in comfort and without having to pull my third finger into place >:(
My son spent the whole of yesterday on his guitar and reckons he can play the chords for 'Hey Jude'! His fingers are really sore now.

Anthony Darby

• Bug Buff & Punster
« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2011, 07:51:58 PM »

Yes, it's difficult but practice makes perfect David. :)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2012, 09:15:05 PM »
The measuring jug is plastic Cliff, so if you stir something with a metal whisk you can made fantastic patterns on the inside of it. It is also, when viewed from the side, rhombus shaped (it leans forward), so that makes stirring damn near impossible. :( Someone has been paid a fortune to design something that doesn't work! ::) Had to go out and buy a pyrex jug!
I thought that measuring jugs were intended for measuring. Personally I use a vessel intended for stirring when I stir.  :P
Cheers
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2012, 09:24:12 PM »
The measuring jug is plastic Cliff, so if you stir something with a metal whisk you can made fantastic patterns on the inside of it. It is also, when viewed from the side, rhombus shaped (it leans forward), so that makes stirring damn near impossible. :( Someone has been paid a fortune to design something that doesn't work! ::) Had to go out and buy a pyrex jug!
I thought that measuring jugs were intended for measuring. Personally I use a vessel intended for stirring when I stir.  :P
Cheers
Göte
Ah.... a different jug for measuring and stirring ;  a little clue here as to why men in the kitchen leave so much washing up behind them! ;) :P
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2012, 10:16:39 PM »
Cheers
Göte
Ah.... a different jug for measuring and stirring ;  a little clue here as to why men in the kitchen leave so much washing up behind them! ;) :P
Not always! My contention is that my wife leaves more dishwashing than I do and that is not because she makes more food ;)
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal