We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Forde Abbey October 2nd. 2011  (Read 1679 times)

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
Re: Forde Abbey October 2nd. 2011
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 10:55:23 AM »
As i was on holiday I missed your foto's too David. last year about the same time of year we visited this garden and were very impressed too.
I was told that the Salvia dombeyi was taken home from Peru by Mr. Roper (the owner of the place) himself. ( Well, actually his sister told me that ...)
Most of the garden is very good maintained, just the rock garden was not worth a visit. Had the same difficulties to make a proper picture of the Cyclamen like you. The combination of sun and shade was the same then  :) :-\

I wouldn't want to cut the hedges on this estate, there seems to be acres of them. One bit here.

I think they use a month each time again to cut all those hedges and trees. Have a look here if you like.

http://www.srgc.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6123.105

Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Forde Abbey October 2nd. 2011
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »
Yes, I'd forgotten that you had visited Forde Abbey on your "tour" Luit. They have done some work on the rock garden during this year but there is much still to do in my humble opinion. Sun and shade are a tester for me and for my camera!
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal