We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Pamianthe 2011  (Read 3111 times)

Hans J

• Gardener and Gourmet
Re: Pamianthe 2011
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
Josh ,

thank you !
...and good luck for your plant with flowering  :D

my plant looks not so nice in this time ...it has lost near all leaves - one is growing now again

The plant is now 20 cm high ....and the flower stem 30 cm ...so you have a idea

Hans
"The bigger the roof damage, the better the view"(Alexandra Potter)

JoshY46013

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 09:22:54 PM »
Hans, does yours typically lose all it's leaves?  Mine are about the same size as yours, are they smaller plants?  I guess I expected them to be as large as Worsleya or close!  Of course there isn't much information published regarding this specie!

Hans J

• Gardener and Gourmet
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
Josh ,

I think it is not typical that this plant lose the leaves in winter time .....the both last winters my plant has leaves all the year around .
In this winter I had a lot of problems with all my winter green or winter growing Amaryllidaceae like Scadoxus ,Eithea , Griffinia ,Hippeastrum with the "red blotched disease" - the reason is not Stagonospora curtisi ...the problem comes through mites .
Now after some treatments with really good akarzides and more the problem seems solved ...and my plants recover ...slow ...

The "stem" of my Pamianthe has on the ground a diameter of 3,0 cm ....so you can compere

Hans
"The bigger the roof damage, the better the view"(Alexandra Potter)

Rogan

• Beetle daisy
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:31 AM »
Mine flowered again for the second time last September. This HAS to be one of the most beautiful plants around; the only annoying thing about it is its habit of leaning over everything else - it just takes up a bit too much space. Here it is potted in a 10" (25cm) plastic pot.

P.S. I have frozen pollen available if anybody would like some to pollinate their flowers.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:48:49 AM by Rogan »
Rogan Roth, near Swellendam, Western Cape, SA
Warm temperate climate - zone 10-ish

Ezeiza

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »
Rogan, it is not leaning. It is an epiphyte that grew from high on the trees and points to the ground looking for pollinators.
Alberto Castillo, in south America, near buenos Aires, Argentina.

Rogan

• Beetle daisy
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 07:10:30 AM »
Rogan, it is not leaning.

A stunning epiphyte, and well worth the space it takes.

arillady

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »
Alberto have you written any articles or books as you seem to have so many insights into different plants.
Pat Toolan,
Keyneton,
South Australia

manicbotanic

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 11:20:50 PM »
hello. ive been given a pamianthe peruviana{3 biggish plants in 1 pot}i intend to keep it as a houseplant.my question is 'will it survive indoors .how much light and is division best done in the spring?any tips would be most helpfull.
thanks. sean

Rogan

• Beetle daisy
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 11:46:15 AM »
I don't think you will have problems growing Pamianthe indoors, just as long as the spot you choose is bright, airy and you use a free-draining potting medium. I must confess though that my plant grows outdoors the year round under shade cloth.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal