We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: 'Strictly Gershwin'  (Read 935 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
'Strictly Gershwin'
« on: October 14, 2011, 12:48:42 PM »
Nothing to do with plants but to tell you that Brian and I had a superb time last night at the English National Ballet's 'Strictly Gershwin'

Fabulous dancing, singing, orchestra and atmosphere.  If you like Gershwin and or Ballet and it's coming to a theatre near you get a ticket, the energy and talent put all those silly reality shows into perspective.
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: 'Strictly Gershwin'
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:57:10 PM »
Sounds super... here are the tour dates:

http://www.ballet.org.uk/strictly-gershwin/strictly-gershwin-booking-and-performances.html

Seems that while the ENB can manage to pop over the boreder into Wales they cannot manage a trip up to Scotland.  :'(
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »
I don't think they like dancing round those swords you Scots are so fond of leaving lying on the floor. 8)
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »
I'm glad to see me again on the forum I don't know where the old picture went to, perhaps even the gremlins thought it was time for an update.  Ah dear what a difference 6 years makes. :-\
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal