We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Rubus chamaemorus seeds  (Read 7193 times)

Ulla Hansson

Re: Rubus chamaemorus seeds
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »
Daniel,
I sowed last autumn seeds from fresh berries of Rubus chamaemorus, I think all germinated. If you can get hold of berries, so sow them directly. Then you get many plants.
I think it's too late this year to collect berries where I live, they are probably over.
Ulla Hansson 45 kilometers east of Gothenburg

Sanitraium

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 02:49:05 PM »
Daniel,
I sowed last autumn seeds from fresh berries of Rubus chamaemorus, I think all germinated. If you can get hold of berries, so sow them directly. Then you get many plants.
I think it's too late this year to collect berries where I live, they are probably over.

Ulla

Thats the problem, I have no access to fresh berries maximum I can obtain is jam. As I already wrote I order some seeds online (2-3 different sellers), but probably they havent been viable. So I am looking directly for plants or "fresh" seeds.
It is looks like I should find this forum little ealier to catch this years harvest.. :/ 

P.S. if you have some plants you can share and be willing to send  them, I will be happy to pay you as well for the plants not just the costs. 

Hoy

• Rogaland, Norway - We used to have mild winters!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »
Daniel, I can probably get hold of fresh seed later this fall if you still are interested. I am going away next week but will be back 1 September. The berries are still fine in the more elevated areas.
Trond Hoy, gardening on the rainy west coast of Norway.

Sanitraium

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2013, 08:27:46 AM »
Daniel, I can probably get hold of fresh seed later this fall if you still are interested. I am going away next week but will be back 1 September. The berries are still fine in the more elevated areas.

Hoy,

Yes I am still interested in anything plants/fresh seeds so that will be awesome! I am very thankful for your kindness.   

Just wondering how long does they take to fruit from seed? or they start bear in their first year?

thank you

Daniel

Ulla Hansson

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
Daniel,
I'm sorry, but I have given away my seedlings. I have not precondition to grow them on.
Ulla Hansson 45 kilometers east of Gothenburg

Sanitraium

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 08:09:20 PM »
Ulla,

Thats alright, thank you anyway.

Hoy

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 08:54:02 PM »

Hoy,

Yes I am still interested in anything plants/fresh seeds so that will be awesome! I am very thankful for your kindness.   

Just wondering how long does they take to fruit from seed? or they start bear in their first year?

thank you

Daniel

Daniel, I have never tried R chamaemorus from seed but I believe the seedlings need at least 3 years to flower. The species is dioecious so you need several plants to be sure!
I''ll try to send you some rhizomes from male and female plants - if I find them! But you'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

Trond

xenil

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »
Hello Everyone!
My name is Krisztian. I am new to the forum. I live in Hungary. I think here to grow cloudberry, is good. I want to get some plants or seeds.
Dear Trond!
If Yout dont take too indiscretion. Can I ask some rhizomes from you, because hard to get seeds, or plants here. I can pay for them, or for the posting.
Best Regards for all! Krisztian

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »
Hello  Krisztian, welcome to the forum. It is good to have another Hungarian member here.  8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

xenil

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 11:03:44 AM »
Thanks Maggi!
Why who else is Hungarian here?

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 11:09:56 AM »
 Members Kovacs Pal ,  citrom,  Arykana  and one or two registered members who do not visit much and some others - who are not members, but they visit here.
We have member and visitors from MANY places!!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Sanitraium

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 06:40:37 PM »
Daniel, I have never tried R chamaemorus from seed but I believe the seedlings need at least 3 years to flower. The species is dioecious so you need several plants to be sure!
I''ll try to send you some rhizomes from male and female plants - if I find them! But you'll have to wait a couple of weeks.

Trond

Trond, that will be great, thank you very much!! I do not mind about few weeks/months as I have already waited much, much longer :)

Daniel

Hoy

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 07:21:14 AM »
Hello Everyone!
My name is Krisztian. I am new to the forum. I live in Hungary. I think here to grow cloudberry, is good. I want to get some plants or seeds.
Dear Trond!
If Yout dont take too indiscretion. Can I ask some rhizomes from you, because hard to get seeds, or plants here. I can pay for them, or for the posting.
Best Regards for all! Krisztian

Hi Krisztian,

No problem sending some to you too. No need for paying anything, but like Daniel you have to wait a couple of weeks as I am not at home at the moment.

Trond

xenil

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »
Hello Everybody!
It's not problem, I can wait, but I'm very happy. A BIG THANK YOU, for you.
Best Regards for everyone.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal