We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: AGS East Anglian Show  (Read 9622 times)

tonyg

• Chief Croconut
  • Never Stop Looking
    • Crocus Pages
Re: AGS East Anglian Show
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
I have no qualms about sharing pictures of our first class show reporter(s) Brian (and David) since before the show opened David was stalking us all with his new video camera.  (The Norfolk Group will be selling advance tickets for their Christmas members evening from September - it should be a sell-out going on past performances!)
Brian might be taking a secret cutting while David is clearly pleased about something.
At 355 time was called .... by 435 you'd hardly know we had been there. ???
Special thanks to John & Brenda Foster who co-ordinate our efforts.  Everything went very smoothly, a testament to John's planning and everyone's hard work.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2011, 12:42:43 AM »
Thanks for that Diane. I hope there's a suitable and willing male around somewhere because that female, pollinated would have a fantastic crop of fruit.
There was a suitable male also on the show bench, it was in the three pan Ericaceae, he was not as pretty as the female.  Hopefully it was willing as it went to the same home as the female  ;D

Do the flowers on the male differ much from those on the female? Or is it just a matter of similar flowers but f with stigmas and m with stamens?

Nice little piano left over there at the end of the Show. :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:44:29 AM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2011, 08:06:42 AM »
Brian might be taking a secret cutting

Moi? 8)

...and not forgetting thanks to the stalwarts in the kitchen ;D
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 10:46:02 PM »

Class 31 Cecilia Coller , Jovibarba arenaria from Murtal,

I just love to see these big pans of Sempervivum!

What a great show of beautiful plants there in East Anglia. Thank you all for showing the pictures.
My eye fell at the Jovibarba from Murtal.
Near the house where my wife was born in the forest near the river Mur there are some enormous rocks where almost never is sun.
These rocks are covered with mosses and since longtime there are mats of this Jovibarba. It's really the last place where one expect these plants ???
It was almost to dark to make proper pictures there but I have some reasonable ones from last year and I hope you don't mind when I show these here in this thread together with a copy of the show plant?

Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
in the forest near the river Mur there are some enormous rocks where almost never is sun.
These rocks are covered with mosses and since longtime there are mats of this Jovibarba. It's really the last place where one expect these plants ???
It was almost to dark to make proper pictures there but I have some reasonable ones from last year and I hope you don't mind when I show these here in this thread together with a copy of the show plant?

Not at all, good to see them in the wild Luit. :D
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal