We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: West Cheshire & Wirral Show 8 April  (Read 1667 times)

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
West Cheshire & Wirral Show 8 April
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »
Just to advise that West Cheshire & Wirral local AGS group has its show at Ness Gardens, Wirral on Friday 8 April (7pm onwards I think).

Edit to Venue: Neston Village Hall/ Neston Civic Hall
Hinderton Rd, Neston CH64 9PE 0151 336 1077 ‎

I hear that Forumist Colin is giving his first ever gardening talk  :o - good luck!

Let us know how it goes.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:49:29 AM by Maggi Young »
Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: West Cheshire & Wirral Show 8 April
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »
It's at times like these I'd like my own helicopter.....

Good luck, Colin!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Palustris

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:19:53 AM »
The show is actually in Burton Village Hall rather than at Ness Gardens or Neston . We used to meet at Ness, but after it was refurbished the price they wanted for the facilities was way beyond anything a group could afford.
'Tis only a small show, but the talks are usually interesting and the plants of the highest quality. Sadly after the losses this winter I for one have actually got nothing to take.

Sorry Frazer'
edited to add "Gladstone Village Hall, Burton, Cheshire CH64 5TH"
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:32:37 AM by Palustris »

Palustris

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
Well the show is over and very good it was too. More entries than ever. Colin's talk was very amusing and just right for the occasion. I dare not tell you who got the most points in Section A. Even worse was who got the most in Section C. at least the best in show award went elsewhere.

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 11:16:07 PM »
Congratulations are in order Palustris? Where are the pictures please? :D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Palustris

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:29:43 AM »
Did not actually take any pictures. Like other venues the light makes it a bit hard.
I feel a bit guilty about winning, but at the same time Marjorie and Bill Reid work so hard organising the show that I feel I ought to put as many plants in as I can fit in the car which does give us a little advantage in the points total.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »
What did Colin speak on? Hope he hasn't been cribbing jokes from these pages? ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Palustris

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 10:57:27 AM »
Er, basically it was a very very humorous take on the equipment needed, the clothes to wear and the words to use when gardening on the Wirral.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »

I feel a bit guilty about winning, but at the same time Marjorie and Bill Reid work so hard organising the show that I feel I ought to put as many plants in as I can fit in the car which does give us a little advantage in the points total.

Eric, NEVER feel guilty about winning.... you can only win if your plants are good enough and for sure the more plants the better the  show Wityhourt great entries our shows are nothing... well done for taking the time and effort to make a large entry and congratulations on your success. There isn't a show secretary in the country who wouldn't give an exhibitor like you a medal  of thanks for your support of the show.

What are you doing on the weekend of 21sy May, by the way...... Aberdeen show day, that!   ;D ;D ;D

Let me guess.... Southport Show?  ;)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
What did Colin speak on? Hope he hasn't been cribbing jokes from these pages? ;D
Oh crikey, are we not supposed to crib jokes from here?  :o
 Why did no one tell me.... my standup routine has been fuelled from you lot for years....... :-X

Colin

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »
There is no question at all that Palustris (Eric) deserved evey red card he got.  For a small club show the quality of the plants was VG  (except mine).   60 plus in the audience for the 3 talks by the trio of Messrs Wiseman,Cunnington & Henderson., whose carers called to collect them and return them to the
potting shed from whence they came!
CSH  North Wales

Per ardua ad astra

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal