We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Vojtech's "The Caucasus and its Flowers"  (Read 4664 times)

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Vojtech's "The Caucasus and its Flowers"
« on: November 28, 2006, 11:42:07 PM »
Good news re Vojtech's book

"I am pleased to announce subscribers of the Caucasus book that it is out. I have brought first copies from the printer yesterday and I will get the main load on Thursday.  Who has paid the book in advance he gets
it within a few days by TNT service. Because the postage is much higher than we collected, we welcome bulk shipments - two, threee books to one address to friends, neighbours etc., please, let us know whom it may concern.
I would like to appologize to subscribers for a long delay, it had a lot of birth problems.

Best regards

Vojtech Holubec"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 11:50:41 AM by Maggi Young »
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Olga Bondareva

Re: Vojtech's "The Caucasus and its Flowers"
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »
I received this book today. Wow! Great book, beautiful book! It is properly famous! Many plants, lots of fabulous photos of our colleagues. I’ll determine my Caucasians at last!  :D
Olga Bondareva, Moscow, Zone 3

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 11:09:01 PM »
No copies in N Ireland so far

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 11:24:40 PM »
We've received ours in Australia! Well, a member in Olinda has (a bulk order our group put in together) and I'll eventually get down there to collect my copy!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 10:47:41 AM »
I now hear ours left Czech Republic this morning

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 10:49:13 PM »
On Monday 20 copies of the book arrived in N Ireland via TNT. Just been to collect all of them and have spent ages going through my copy. I can imagine people going through it will be making wants lists as long as those reading the snowdrop book for the first time

Susan Band

• Pitcairn Alpines
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 08:46:28 AM »
Vojtech is coming over in march to speak to the Dundee, Perth and Stirling groups, I am sure he will be bringing as many books as he can get on the plane. Anybody is welcome to come to any of the meetings, details on the calender (except Perth, must not have given Maggie a sylabus) By the way Maggie is there a spell check on this ( I kind of need one)?
Hi, Susan, Yes,Perth did give me your programme... I realise now that it was in an email and when I transferred the meetings to the calendar I used the cards I had, so you've been missed out! So sorry! will fix now!Cheers, M
See full Perth Group Programme here: http://www.srgc.org.uk/localgroups/perthlectures.html
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 11:31:51 AM by Maggi Young »
Susan Band, Pitcairn Alpines, ,PERTH. Scotland

Susan's website:
http://www.pitcairnalpines.co.uk

Ian Y

• Bulb Despot
  • Administrator
  • Why grow one bulb when you can grow two:-))
    • Direct link to the Bulb Log SRGC
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »
Sorry Susan there is no spell checker on the forum at present but I will share my tip with you.
I write my posts as an email in outlook express then use the spell checker before I copy and paste the message into the forum.
The only problem I have as a dyslexic the spell check does not always recognise the words that I intend to use and gives me some very weird alternatives - that is why I need my personal spell checker known as Maggi.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:20:47 PM by Maggi Young »
Ian Young, Aberdeen North East Scotland   - 
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
https://www.srgc.org.uk/logs/index.php?log=bulb

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 04:13:39 PM »
Susan the answer may be no to bring lots of books. I just weighed 10 and it's 20 kilos. You could do what the Ulster Group did. They were bulk ordered and flown in by TNT
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:15:10 PM by mark smyth »

Carol Shaw

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 08:54:22 AM »
Great news for all the SRGC members wwho pre-ordered a copy of Vojtech's book - stock arrived whilst David & I were on holiday and now I've sorted out a couple of glitches I'm ready to ship.  :) SO... if you pre-ordered a copy of the book please get in touch with me via e-mail as cheques and credit card details are all out of date now. A quick warning, thanks to the Royal Mail moving the goal posts - postage on this book is going to be expensive and I will let each of you know costs when you contact me.

For those who didn't pre-order please wait until you get yuor journal and order then - cost will be more than the £40 of the pre-order price though!
Carol
near Forres,Scotland [the banana belt]

DaveM

• Doctor Rock
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 10:59:04 PM »
At last my copy of the book has arrived, ordered through the club about a year ago. Wow. It's been worth the wait. I sat down with the book last evening and was totally enthralled by the superb pictures and information. I felt as though I was transported back to the country that I visited for a few weeks in spring of 1998. I was reminded of the magnificent scenery, with species rich meadows the like of which I have rarely seen and the special plants of the region - absolutely wonderful. I must now find some time to sit down and identify some of those plant photos that have so far escaped identification. Do I stand a chance of naming the many campanulas? - doubt it somehow.... but you never know. Thoroughly recommended. Do buy this book if you're interested in plants from this region!!

Congratulations to Vojtech and Pavel for producing such a fantabulous and useful addition to our plant library.
Dave Millward, East Lothian, Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal