We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: joint AGS/SRGC show, Ponteland 9th October 2010  (Read 8323 times)

Peter Maguire

• Camera-toting Gadabout - and new Grandad!
Re: joint AGS/SRGC show, Ponteland 9th October 2010
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »
Final batches of plant photos:
- Narcissus miniatus (close-up), Bob and Rannveig Wallis (having looked through the links Maggi mentioned earlier, I've dropped the N. serotinus specific epithet)
- Galanthus peshmenii (x2), Don Peace
- Galanthus reginae-olgae, Ian Leslie

Peter Maguire
Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.

"I've killed so many plants. I walked into a nursery once and my face was on a wanted poster." - Rita Rudner

http://www.pmfoto.co.uk/

Peter Maguire

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 11:15:59 PM »
- Galanthus reginae-olgae (close-up), Ian Leslie
(That will keep the galanthophiles happy)
- Bessera elegans (x2), Anne Vale
- Genitiana sino-ornata, David Boyd (after the near-disaster with the Celmisia, there was no way I was lifting this plant off the bench!)
Peter Maguire

"I've killed so many plants. I walked into a nursery once and my face was on a wanted poster." - Rita Rudner

Peter Maguire

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
- 3pan cyclamen, distinct, Bob and Rannveig Wallis 3 distinct subspecies of C. graecum; from the back graecum, candidum and anatolicum)
- Anigozanthus flavidus, John Richards (a very awkward plant to photograph, bigger than my largest background, hence the photo against the brick wall. The close-up shows th eunusual furry-looking flower)

That's all of the pictures that I took for the journals (AGS and SRGC). I didn't have any time left after that to take any more pictures of plants on the show benches, thanks again,Stan, for your efforts there.
Peter Maguire

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 03:28:26 AM »
I really love Alan Newton's Gaultheria, the outer branches weighed down with the crop of fruit. With so many super species and fruit in many colours, there's a rich field to be mined by someone with a hybridizer's brush. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal