We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Issue 9 - International Rock Gardener  (Read 1716 times)

John Kitt

• The Spent Gardener
Issue 9 - International Rock Gardener
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
I have just read for the second time Issue 9 of The International Rock Gardener and the tributes to Jim Archibald. As some one who has not been part of this community long enough to have anything but the most fleeting awareness of the name Jim Archibald, I have to say how impressed I am by these articles.  The major contribution is obviously testament to the man written in an engaging, informative, sensitive and polished style that makes me feel I am the poorer for not knowing more about Jim.
I was fascinated by the anecdotes on the earlier "plant hunters" and the tirade against some academics! It causes me to reflect on the generosity and humility of all the gardeners I have met and know. It re-enforces for me the value of this forum.  There are, I know, highly qualified academics who are members of this forum, who meet with me regularly in the spirit of sharing in a common community and for which I am enormously grateful.
To those others, our advice should be - JOIN A GARDEN CLUB and change your life.

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Re: Issue 9 - International Rock Gardener
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 06:58:48 PM »
Many thanks for your contribution John.

Ian, Maggi et al ... another sensational issue, so many thanks for all the love, time and effort that is invested by the editors, proof readers and contributors.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal