We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Is grantite dust in potting medium okay to use?  (Read 3008 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Is grantite dust in potting medium okay to use?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »
"which has a git content".................................must not yield to temptation :-X :-X :-X

gritting my teeth ::)
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

daveyp1970

• bulbs and corms you've got to love them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:03:11 PM by daveyp1970 »
tuxford
Nottinghamshire

newstart

Re: Is grantite dust in potting medium okay to use?
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 11:37:26 PM »
Since folk are quite interested in all this I have managed to obtain a 2-6mm chipping which is what the merchant classify it as. I bought this for £50 inclusive of VAT for 1 ton. In other places the same is £60-80 so I felt for a ton it was a good multipurpose chipping deal. I intend using this inside the potting medium and on the top of the pots. I thought it would be okay for planting in and even mulching if need be. Seems ideal to me!

Thanks for the advice it all so helpful!!

Grit, granite, gritty or chippy my head is nearly spinning! HO HO!

Be careful with the teeth David and thanks for your advice.
David in Central England. Lots more still to learn!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal