We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Harrogate Spring Flower Show 2010  (Read 11414 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Harrogate Spring Flower Show 2010
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 09:07:09 PM »

Lesley, there will, I hope, be no escape from the Pudsey Pigs... even for those of us who would, as you suggest, do well to avoid any piglet tendencies.... I hope that  all the PPs will be at the Conference...... the whole event can be a training session!!  :D

Very scary. Just as well I'm not going. But I do wish all those who take part in this challenging challenge, the very best of gastronomic experiences. Photos to follow in due course?
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 02:26:36 AM »

Lesley, there will, I hope, be no escape from the Pudsey Pigs... even for those of us who would, as you suggest, do well to avoid any piglet tendencies.... I hope that  all the PPs will be at the Conference...... the whole event can be a training session!!  :D

An image of snouts, alpines and troughs seems to be floating around here! I fear it needs the supreme punnery of Mr Booker to put it into words!
 ;D
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 03:15:24 AM »
Mr Booker and his entourage of one are currently 'on tour' in Wappingers Falls, New York State ... jet lagged, wine warped and all phloxed out from our first glimpses (in the rapidly fading sunset) of Anne Spiegel's MAGNIFICENT garden.  Plenty of time tomorrow (and good weather forecast) to take hundreds of images in this rock garden heaven.  Too tired for any kind of punnery tonight Fermi ... the flight from the U.K. was delayed by over an hour and a half by mechanical failure and we arrived in New York State at 7pm after a 5.30 am get-up (plus time difference, etc.).  Phew ... barely time to read my e-mails and catch up with all the alpine news.
Rest day tomorrow and then the first two of my lectures (to the Massachusetts {Berkshire Chapter) branch of NARGS.
Connecticut on Sunday and then off to Newfoundland on Monday ... then ... , well I will try and keep you all informed ...
So sad to hear about the sad passing of Ken Hulme, a lovely man.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

JohnnyD

• Maxi-minigardenist
  • free at last!
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 08:49:38 AM »
I can confirm that there is only one rule for the Pudsey Pig comp. - that is that there are no rules.
So, Fermides, all are welcome at any time.
Peter, if you saw the assembled masses at the comp. you would see heavyweight, lightweight, middleweight, indeterminate weight, secret weight and all other divisions represented.
Looking at the interest online, perhaps we need an international comp., with photographic evidence admitted!
On the other hand, try coming to Pudsey for the real 'flavour' of the event. :P
See you there,
JohnnyD
John Dower, Frodsham, Cheshire.

Peter Maguire

• Camera-toting Gadabout - and new Grandad!
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:53 AM »
Jonny,
My problem with eating at shows is that it's often done 'on the go', as I'm often busy taking photographs,
It's called suffering for one's art  8)
See you at Pudsey

Peter
Peter Maguire
Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K.

"I've killed so many plants. I walked into a nursery once and my face was on a wanted poster." - Rita Rudner

http://www.pmfoto.co.uk/

JohnnyD

• Maxi-minigardenist
  • free at last!
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 11:46:29 AM »
Perhaps we could find you a doggy bag.
John Dower, Frodsham, Cheshire.

FrazerHenderson

• For people, scenery and plants visit Yemen
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »
Some random shots taken at the show
Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

FrazerHenderson

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2010, 10:05:50 PM »
and a few more ...
Yemen, what a country ... Haraz mountains, Socotra, Sana'a, Hadramaut, the empty quarter.... a country of stunning, mind altering beauty...and the friendliest of people.

FrazerHenderson

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2010, 10:08:19 PM »
and the final lot. Not alpines becuase others took better pictures, these are just so that others can get a feel for the wider show - the show gardens are indoors at Harrogate.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »
Goodness me, Frazer, security must have been lax at the Show for your two Teddy Bears to sneak onto a show garden to have their picnic ......not really the done thing, is it?  :-\ ;)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »
Perhaps we could find you a doggy bag.

Or a baggy dog. ???
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »
Just as well there were no girafes travelling nearby!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal