We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Arduaine gardens  (Read 2936 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Arduaine gardens
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »
I have managed to get the pictures sorted at last.  These were taken on the 28 April.
The rhoddie I found the most interesting was zeylanicum.  At first, I thought it was a tree with a monkey puzzle like shape.  It was not until I found the label that I realised that it was a rhododendron.  Arduaine is not a large garden by west coast standards but it is jam packed with goodies, especially scented varieties.  Neither is just a Spring garden as it is in flower into Autumn.  If you haven't been, make the effort to go.  You will not be disappointed.  It also has the advantage of some glorious coastal scenery.
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
Re: Arduaine gardens
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:33:53 PM »
Next selection
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:42:16 PM »
More.
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:51:05 PM »
Tom,

Thank you for the wonderful trip through Arduaine gardens.  Another must when I get the opportunity to visit Scotland, although it will be some years in the future I fear.  I so enjoy seeing the variety of species grown in these gardens.   Thank you once again.

Dunedin, New Zealand

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:57:50 PM »
Still more
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

TC

• Roving Reporter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
Last posting. Hooray.  I can now go and do something more useful such as have a bath and go to bed !!
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal