We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Benmore Gardens  (Read 10871 times)

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
Re: Benmore Gardens
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 11:03:42 PM »
They are wonderful, keep them coming please.  Looks as though we have a good bud set this year, so should be a good spring showing this year.  My R montroseanum has only flowered once and does not look as though it will do so this year either - too much shade, but it is too big to move now.

Thank you,

Susan
Dunedin, New Zealand

ian mcenery

• Maverick Midlander
  • Always room for another plant
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:03 PM »
Thanks Tom as there are hundreds of species and an increased number of people collecting you never know when a new species will strike. As to crappy typing I say I was there first. Please keep those pictures coming it is  marvellous to see these plants in such a great setting almost looks like they are in their real home.
Ian McEnery Sutton Coldfield  West Midlands 600ft above sea level

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 07:08:41 AM »
So wonderful to see all those species.  I'd not seen more than half of those before.  Seeing how nice the species are almost makes you wonder why people went into the hybridisation!! (Yes, I am being facetious here..... we always strive for new things, don't we!)  I particularly like the colouration and form of monstroseanum (one of the ones I had never seen before), and some of the smaller species you showed.
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal