We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: News from N.A.R.G.S. (North American Rock Garden Society)  (Read 1867 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
News from N.A.R.G.S. (North American Rock Garden Society)
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »
This news just arrived from NARGS........
North American Rock Garden Society to get a New Editor..........which will be of particular interest to SRGC members and Saxifraga Society members, who will be pleased to hear this news of a well known personality....

In July 2010 Malcolm McGregor, former Editor of SRGC Journal "The Rock Garden" will take over from Jane McGary as the editor of the NARGS bulletin.
Anyone who knows Malcolm will realise that this can only be a most exciting prospect for the publication.
Congratulations to Malcolm on the new post and to NARGS for choosing such a prestigious successor to Jane.

NARGS has this intro to Malcolm:
* nargs_new_editor2010.pdf (139.4 kB - downloaded 419 times.)

and yes, I have already teased him about the rather gruff looking photo! ;)

When Malcolm takes over, Jane will have been NARGS editor for about nine years,though  I rather suspect that Jane will be just as busy for NARGS in other roles in the future, rather than just putting her  feet up for a rest. :)

While I am on the subject of NARGS..... please do have a look at their website if you haven't been for a while... there are a great many great new features there..
http://www.nargs.org/ .... including, from mid January, their very own Forum!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 02:50:48 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal