We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Early Christmas presents.  (Read 1265 times)

LarsB

• The Fearless One
Early Christmas presents.
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:09:36 AM »
I do a bit of swapping and often send out plants in the spring and summer to people who haven't got anything to swap with at the time but will came back to me with the Pleione swapping season start. I always tell myself that i should keep track of who I've sent to but i always forget. So far people have always contacted me when the time came (Or maybe I've just forgotten about it  :) )

This morning the mailman miraculously arrived before I'd left for work and he brought a small parcel with no return address. I always get an email saying something like 'I've sent you a package, please let me know when it arrives', but this time i wasn't expecting anything. Before i styart tracking through several forum inboxes and 6 month of mail, I'd just ask here if any of you sent the package with Pleiones.  

Still, a nice way to start an othervice dull and foggy  Monday morning

The sender has now been identified.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:03:20 PM by LarsB »
Lars in Roedovre, Denmark.

Eric Locke

Re: Early Christmas presents.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 10:20:50 PM »
I do a bit of swapping and often send out plants in the spring and summer to people who haven't got anything to swap with at the time but will came back to me with the Pleione swapping season start. I always tell myself that i should keep track of who I've sent to but i always forget. So far people have always contacted me when the time came (Or maybe I've just forgotten about it  :) )

This morning the mailman miraculously arrived before I'd left for work and he brought a small parcel with no return address. I always get an email saying something like 'I've sent you a package, please let me know when it arrives', but this time i wasn't expecting anything. Before i styart tracking through several forum inboxes and 6 month of mail, I'd just ask here if any of you sent the package with Pleiones. 

Still, a nice way to start an othervice dull and foggy  Monday morning

The sender has now been identified.

Lars - Expect a parcel from me in New Year too. ;)

Eric

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 10:31:40 PM »
I'm very guilty of not adding my name to the box or adding a note in the box - New Year resolution
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »
I'm very guilty of not adding my name to the box or adding a note in the box - New Year resolution

Which is why I ended up wondering what I had been sent the other day..... looked like some weird tuber, not like any I'd seen though.... no name on the box of the sender and no name on the tubers.... a real puzzle, until I opened the ziplock bag and got the yummy scent of chocolate.....turns out Mark had sent me some sweeties!!  8)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »
 ;D :-*
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal