We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Codonopsis convulvulacaea under lights  (Read 7189 times)

Gene Mirro

Re: Codonopsis convulvulacaea under lights
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 05:34:59 AM »
Corinne, the seed that produced the plants in the photo was over 20 years old, and was kept in the deep freeze until I planted it.  I have no record of where it came from.  I received C. convulvulaceae from the North American Rock Garden Society, and from Jim and Jenny Archibald, in Winter 2006.  I haven't grown those seeds yet.  I also have C. convulvulaceae alba and C. vincaeflora.  My C. vincaeflora are now four feet tall, growing on a tomato cage out in the yard, with morning sun and afternoon shade.  I'll take a photo tomorrow.  They are setting tons of seed, but it's not ripe yet.  If you want some, let me know.

I am concerned that the roots will not survive the wet winter outdoors, so I will dig them when they go dormant and store them in dryish peat moss in the fridge over the winter. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:53:57 PM by Gene Mirro »
Gene Mirro from the magnificent state of Washington

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal