Cultivation > Composts

Cat Litter

<< < (2/3) > >>

evolutionplantsman:
Mark,

I'll try not to take it personally! We met at Margaret Owen's snowdrop day in February. I'll give you another card next year...

Tom

iann:
I'm one of those cactus, and Lithops and other succulents, growers that uses cat litter.  It is a calcined moler clay, physically quite similar to pumice granules but chemically different.  There are several cat litters which have the same stuff< Sophisticat Pink, one from Wilkinsons and one from the Co-Op.  The Tescos one has changed branding recently and is now sold as "Dust Free".  The stuff you want is a beige colour, slightly pink, and stays hard in water.  It is difficult to crush, much harder than perlite, and it hisses when you water very dry granules.

Michael J Campbell:
Have Tesco changed the packaging on their  cat litter made from baked clay granules?. I  went to get some today and could not find the cream & pink bag with the cat on it. There is another one that looks like the same granules but they are not the same colour.

Darren:
Yes Michael - they changed the packaging a few months ago. The 'Low Dust' cat litter still seems to be the same stuff.

There is a picture of the new packaging on the BCSS forum:

http://forum.bcss.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=163838&p=247813&hilit=tesco#p247813

ian mcdonald:
I have two Cypripedium calceolus from a nursery recently. The nurseryman said they were in cat litter. The compost seems to be small pieces of limestone, charcoal and compost. They are growing well. See image 1010317.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version